OT: Canadian Olympic hockey team

mentalmeltdown said:
Facts my friend, facts...

combined NHL experience of the THREE swedish goalies selected for the 2006 olympics?
a measly 45 games!

compare that to Hasek, Brodeur or even Khabibulin and you have young, inexperienced swedish goaltenders facing seasoned NHL veterans both the forwards and the goalies - don't get me wrong, I'll root for Sweden because they also have some terrific offensive players and an excellent D - but, they're just not medal worthy because of their goaltending.

Since when does NHL experience equate to Olympic success, or chance for it?

Henrik Lundqvist is the BEST young goalie in the world, and has been shutting down many of the the "seasoned NHL veterans" you brought up all year long.

He's also got plenty of international experience, which is far more important than NHL when it comes to the Olympics. I'm not saying Sweden is going to ride Lundqvist to the Gold medal, but to say goalkeeping is their weak link is really just plain ignorant. I would think an Avs fan would know the difference between quality goaltending & crappy goaltending.

Canada is goin to win....they have even a better team than 2002....canada does have the best team on (paper) by far....there isnt really any doubt that they will win...IMO...look at the team..the names just keep goin on...its goin to be awsome..

Lets Go Oilers

are you kdding me...1998 was fucked up..not allowing messier goin and what not...this team is way better than the 1998 team anyways.....and yes they are good on paper aswell as abilty to play the game ...that wont let you down....look at this years line up...talent from beyond....and bertuzzi is goin to be a huge part of this olympic team