Men's Olympic Hockey Starts Today

Wait, so the States beat Canada at hockey? I don't even watch sports and I get to laugh at that - all you need now is a bobsled team loss to Jamaica and this will be the most hilarious Olympics season I've ever seen.

Jeff

Man - I got the other half of the bracket all wrong - So now we have Team USA vs. Finland, and Canada vs. Slovakia. While I'm not writing off anyone, you know the game the Olympic committee wants if Team USA vs. Canada for the gold - that would be an epic rematch what with the game earlier in the tournament. If it goes down that way, it certainly is always hard to beat a team twice so that might be an issue for Team USA, but they have put themselves in the number one position in the tournament and I'm certainly looking forward to them pulling off the two wins needed to win the gold.

GO TEAM USA!!!!!

^^^ This should prove to be a very interesting match to say the least.

Let's put Luongo in the goals this time and see what happens.

2 periods done in the woman's game - Canada up 2 - 0 on Team USA. Damn for there supposedly being no checking in woman's hockey, these woman are beating the hell out of each other Ruggerio and Apps simply seam to hate each other.

Congratulations to my northern neighbors on Team Canada woman's team win over my Team USA women. It was a great game and a joy to watch. As I noted above it was a chippy as hell game for a sport that supposedly does not allow checking - they were beating the hell out of each other.

As a side note on a major freaking annoyance of mine - I read this morning that the Team Canada woman issued an apology for being seen drinking beer and smoking cigars on the ice after the game. I hate this politically correct world we live in where some asshole out there felt that the celebration Team Canada had should have been with koolaid and cake. All I can say is "FUCK YOU" to all these panty wastes that have to complain about everything. I sure as hell would not have apologized.

Man - Team USA is beating Finland like an old dog. 6 - 0 12 minutes into the game. This is just ugly. I actually feel bad for the Fins.

GO TEAM USA!!!!

My thoughts exactly. :erk:

Congrats to team USA, well deserved win.

Someone's going to get hanged in tomorrow's papers... :lol:

Someone deserves to. The Fins just showed up with nothing, and the goalie should have been pulled after the third goal, at least if they did that it would have seemed like they were trying to make it competitive and send a message to their bench that the coach wanted to win - leaving him in for that fourth goal was giving up in my opinion. Changing goalies after the fourth goal meant nothing - it was over (it very well may have been over after the first goal as it seemed to suck the life right out of Finland.)

GO TEAM USA!!!