Maiden fans..let´s talk.

I have seen Iron Maiden on each and every US tour since the my first concert on October 9th, 1982 - Judas Priest with Iron Maiden opening in support of "Number of the Beast". Since that fateful night, I have made it a point to see them each and every time they come within a few hundred or so miles of CT (not every show, but at least once every tour).

Favorite album(s): Piece of Mind, Powerslave, and Seventh Son

Like someone else mentioned above, no other band releasing an album get's me as giddy as Maiden. They are and always will be my favorite band.

Jind

Man
I am a Maiden fan... from 18 years and on. Have all theirs CDs and I listen them on a regular basis. About the BNW/ DOD/ AMOLAD era: I LOVE BNW... have some amazing songs and I listen to it constantly. DOD could hada better production, better mix, better mastering, better cover. There are great songs in that album, and they would shine if it were better produced. AMOLAD... man... this CD has rocked my balls and have songs that I sing constantly. If it were produced by the GREAT Martin Birch would have a CLASSIC status shining on the cover. There's 2 problems I see on Maiden's work today: lack of good (different ?) producer and lack of creativity on the use of the 3 guitarists (IMO). You can call these guys whatever you want, but this band IS the greatest band ever.
About that Beast in Light song that Dickinson sings... WHAT THE FUCK OF A AMAZING SONG !!!!!!!!!!! How Tribuzy get to have him singing on his album is a mystery to me...

Meh, used to love Maiden unbelievably, kinda find I've tired of them a bit and they just don't do it for me as much anymore :( I mean, there are still tons of songs I love, but a lot more that now just leave me kinda "eh". I would say Seventh Son is my favorite album though!

I'm 20 now and I've been a fan since I was 12 I guess. First metal band I got into.
One thing I really dug about Brave New World was how quiet it sounded. In a world full of smashed to shit brickwalled shit houses, it was a fucking relief to hear that. Not that production is anything special, but still, it was cool to hear something not smashed.

My favourite album is the Seventh son of a seventh son..directly followed by:

2. Somewhere in time ( perfect atmosphere & awesome cover)
3. Brave new World ("Ghost of the navigator"..so kudos to Janick Gers)
4. Powerslave (one of the best tom sounds and great drum performance)
5. Piece of mind (fucking love "Still live" and "to tame a land")
6. The number of the beast ( Hallowed by thy name!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:)
7. Fear of the dark (brought me to Metal)

Ouch sorry for ya Felix :D
how can you place Brave new world at position n° 2?

1. Brave New World. My first Maiden album believe it or not, and I remember being in audio ecstasy on the virgin listening post. This album's cd is scratched to fuck, and travelled with me accross Germany, Austria, Italy, South of France, Monaco and back to blighty!

sorry for you too Kev lol
Come on Guys you gotta take more listens to the old stuff, way better.
Maybe I'm a bit old, I started listening when they released Fear of the dark back in 92, but goddamn old 80's stuff is so much better.

cheers :)

That is great. Look at the professionalism of Dickinson. I was expecting him to be running all over the place, but he knows its not his band and takes a back seat, unleashes some Bruce tone and thats all he had to do. What a fucking gentleman. I suspect the rest of Maiden would be similar, I can not say enough good stuff about this band, they are the "ducks guts".:worship:

Ouch sorry for ya Felix :D
how can you place Brave new world at position n° 2?

What´s that?! Dude, I´m nearly 30 years old...fucking know the old tunes more than everything else. After all the Balze Bailey disappointments, "Brave new World" was like a wet dream coming true for me :)

How can you opinions (made out of emotions) call into question? This is my true, individual opinion and I stand by them. Brave New World has something special for me personally.

Seventh Son is one of my all-time favorite albums EVER!! Iron Maiden greatly influenced my guitar playing, to this day I have to fight the urge to add galloping guitar parts to the music I write. Also, I've seen quite a few bands live but no one comes close to Maiden IMO. Iron Maiden, Dio, Motorhead, hell of a night . . . :eek::worship::worship:

What´s that?! Dude, I´m nearly 30 years old...fucking know the old tunes more than everything else. After all the Balze Bailey disappointments, "Brave new World" was like a wet dream coming true for me :)

How can you opinions (made out of emotions) call into question? This is my true, individual opinion and I stand by them. Brave New World has something special for me personally.

Fuck yeah dude, I love Brave New World, and would definitely put it near the top too! Unfortunately, I felt like almost every song on Dance of Death was a ripoff of the BNW songs, so it would be substantially lower... (of course it had its moments though)

Fuck yeah dude, I love Brave New World, and would definitely put it near the top too! Unfortunately, I felt like almost every song on Dance of Death was a ripoff of the BNW songs, so it would be substantially lower... (of course it had its moments though)

Thanks for the backing, dude :kickass: I can exactly agree with your written words. I feel the same.

BNW is a very important album for me. Special preferences often are linked with certain experiences in life. This album gave me back so much power and lust for life! My youth was complete shit..BNW was the soundtrack to my personal reconstruction, success privately and professionally.

In the end of the 90´s Metal was kind of dead..(In my area I was nearly the only metalhead within a radius of 100 miles :lol:) In a certain way "Brave new world" revived the whole scene. BNW passed #1 in the German Album charts. The things took their course in Germany..and today the scene could not be more alive!

Been a Maiden fan since fuck knows when... I'm 41 now and it started around '84... last count I've seen them play live 9 times... to me, they were and always will be the greatest band on the planet! Davey WAS the reason why I started to play the guitar - the fluidity of his playing, the bluesy influence but his ability to play some crazy fast riffs was mint for me. Him and H pulling together so many killer riffs on the classics albums still blow my mind today. The band just slays from opening to closing riff - in my eyes, no way can compete with their live show...

Been a Maiden fan since fuck knows when... I'm 41 now and it started around '84... last count I've seen them play live 9 times... to me, they were and always will be the greatest band on the planet! Davey WAS the reason why I started to play the guitar - the fluidity of his playing, the bluesy influence but his ability to play some crazy fast riffs was mint for me. Him and H pulling together so many killer riffs on the classics albums still blow my mind today. The band just slays from opening to closing riff - in my eyes, no way can compete with their live show...

Welcome to the forum, dude :kickass:

And + 1000 for this:

to me, they were and always will be the greatest band on the planet!

Thanks man... been lurking around for months actually... just finally making a comment on something!!! :)

Come on Felix don't take it too personally, we're just talking bout albums.
As you can see I put on that message a smile

cheers ;)