maiden gig

skinthrapper

paradiddle
Dec 4, 2006
heanor
a up,hope youve all had a good christmas and the shakes are calming down ready for tonight.i went ti the maiden gig on 18 december at sheffield and came away a bit feeling un rocked,playing the whole new album didnt float my boat and one or two others ive spoke to felt the same,does anyone else feel the same or am i in a minority ?:kickass:

a bit feeling un rocked

thats an understatement as to what i felt!
the day after the gig i was posting a rant about it, but my internet cut out, so it didnt show. then i could be bothered to re-post.

but yeah, thats fucking taking the piss, ive waited 4 years to see em in concert and they only play 5 classics!?!! I dont think anyone on the entire tour wanted to hear the whole album and only 5 old songs.
its disprespect to the audience, i mean i know theyre really proud of their little album, but 5 songs would have made the point.

Compare that to biff during crusader on eagle has landed 3

"Which song were you askin fo'?"
Wacken, in unison:"CROOOSAAYDEERR"
"Right,What the audience wants, the audience gets"

and that was at wacken to 40 fucking thousand people!

I've heard a few people express the same opinion skinthrapper. It was a brave thing for Maiden to play the whole album live, but in my opinion it was a wrong decision. Let's face it, the new album is good, but it's not brilliant. There are probably 4 really good songs on it, 3 songs that are OK, and 3 fillers. That is not the recipe to base a live show on.

As I've said before on here I wasn't a Maiden fan after Di'Anno and the M.E.N. gig was the first time I'd seen them since '81. It was pretty average IMO. Funnily enough I thought Dickinson carried the rest of the band. I have heard that they will be returning next year with a huge stageshow and playing all the songs their fans want to hear before calling it a day for good but I don't know how reliable this info is.

On the same subjest as above,yes i went to Earls Court on the 22nd December,and there was a mini fire backstage,something about the main wire and fuse box blowing,so that meant instead of it finishing at 10.30,they were allowed to continue there set,very professional,i can't argue with that,but to play the whole new CD from start to finish,i got bored,so bored that infact i left before the end,the only downfall is i wish i would of got the Maiden Earls Court Shirt,have you seen it on e-bay going for silly amounts of money....Maiden sort of announced they may play a field next year (Donington) so unless there is a strong line up,then i will leave it!!!!!:heh:

I went to see Maiden at Glasgow SECC on 15th December and what a complete fackin BORE OF HELL IT WAS!!!

As some of you may know I wasn't really looking forward to seeing Maiden cos they were playing the entire album but in the run-up to the concert I was getting quite excited about it and I really thought they would have been brillinat live - but nothing could be further from the truth!!!!

As everyone knows, they played the whole of A Matter of Life and Death(by Boredom), the first song Different World was excellent, as was Out of the Shadows and Breeg was also really good live but the rest of the album was a complete yawn, and in fact yawn I did quite a few times that night - AT LEAST 6 TIMES!!!! And it wasn't just me who thought like that, I was standing about 8 rows from the front, and there was no heading banging going on, no moshing, no singing along, no clapping etc., no-one rockin out etc., no crowd surfin. There was absolutely zero atmosphere there, it was unreal. And in fact about half way through the concert, this is the God's honest truth, there was about 5 guys standing right behind me and they shouted out for SAXON about 3 times:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: !!!!! And then someone else started shouting out for UFO!!!!!

"Scream for me Glasgow" Dickinson kept shouting - aye scream I did "Someone get me out of here", it was really that crap, I actually couldn't wait to get out of the SECC it was that bad. When they eventually did the classics, first of all Fear of the Dark, that got the crowd rockin a bit but I think it was too little too late cos by the time they'd played the whole of the new album, I reckon most of the crowd were bloody comatosed by that time. They also did Iron Maiden, The Evil that Men Do, 2 Minutes to Midnight and Hallowed be they Name, they were good but apart from Evil lthat Men Do, I'd have preferred to hear other classics like Wrathchild, Runing Free,Phantom and The Trooper etc.,

And I don't know what the hell happened to be "spectacular stage show" - I reckon they must have left it at the concert the night before, cos we got naff all until nearly the end of the concert when we got one tank coming on the stage and Eddie popping his heid out the hatch, which looked quite cool, but it was only on stage for about a minute and then a giant Eddie came onto the stage from the left and walked over to the right and then walked back off again. Dickinson came over to us on the left and shone some big spotlight thing into the crowd and then did the same over on the right - AND THAT WAS IT!!!!! I was expecting loads of tanks and loads of Eddies and tons of smoke, explosiions, fireworks blah blah blah, but it was a complete and utter letdown. That was my first time seeing Maiden in 20 years and hopefully it will be at least another 20 years before I see them again.

Best song of the night - UFO'S DOCTOR DOCTOR - which got played just prior to Maiden taking the stage .

But I suppose if you love the album then you would have loved the concert but it was a big mistake Maiden playing the whole album, loads of folk were just standing for the most part just watching them, whereas go to a Saxon concert or Blitzkreig concert the whole damn place is rockin out at full blast, and there's never anyone just standing there looked peeved off.

Rating : 1 out of 10:mad:

I like AMOLAD from start to finish and so much so that I flew over to the UK as many of you know for the Newcastle and Sheffield shows and like Princess said, if you like AMOLAD you'll like the show and I did :cool:

I give the band credit for liking it enough and believing in it wnought to play it in it's entirty but as some have said, maybe if they played the first half of it then played some older tunes to break it up, it might have flowed better for some? it didn't matter to me at all though.

I can honestly say that imo, ther wasn't any difference in the crowd response wise from the US or UK fans who were sitting on either side of the venue but on the floor is where I saw a difference and the UK crowd is a much more crazed bunch then over here in the states :cool:

I'd do it all over again for sure especially seeing that I was lucky enough to chat to a bloke who was a roadie and if friends with Harris so he hooked me up with a backstage pass and I met the brain behind the Maiden machine :kickass: