Maiden Setlist *Spoiler* Do not read if you want to be surprised!

Pabla

The Devil Wears Maiden
Apr 18, 2004
LA
AMOLAD played in its entirety :worship:

After The Legacy they played:

Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden

2 Minutes To Midnight
The Evil That Men Do
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Some coments from people that went to The Hartford show last night:
(BTW, all this information comes from Iron Maiden Online Club FC)

The stage set is totally a war scene, there are 2 Eddies...1 that pops out of a huge tank during Iron Maiden, and then walking Eddie dressed as a soldier and looking meaner than ever during The Evil That Men Do.

The crowd was good, could have been better. No major technical glitches, and the boys sounded tight as usual. No Bruce rants except when he thanked the US for making AMOLAD their first Top 10 album in America.

Overall, it was an awesome show and the new album kicks ass live, hands down!!!!!

Oh My God wait until you hear Lord of Light and The Legacy live. They are without a doubt two of the greatest songs they can play live!!!!!!

More...

My commentary on the 10/4/06 Opening Night show in Hartford, CT (same as on MaidenFansUnited). The sound was rather muddy for about the first 5-6 songs. I was two rows behind the pit, center stage (row I). Great view without the jostling of the pit...and good for taking pics.

During Bruce's talk between The Longest Day and OotS, he mentioned that they indeed were going to play the entire album...which made me happy since they hadn't played Lord of Light yet! He also mentioned that this was the first Maiden album to hit the Top 10 in the USA, so "Thank You" to all us Americans! Otherwise, he was surprisingly NOT outspoken as he usually is.

The stage decor was war related as expected...sandbag bunkers around the monitors, album cover type artwork as backdrop during many of the songs, etc. Generally a pretty good response to the new stuff, but I was up front so not sure how the reaction was in back. Eddie came out in army gear during the encore (I think during TETMD). Also, during Iron Maiden, a big tank rose behind the drum riser and out pops Eddie from the top as the tank cannon swivels forward.

The facility was closed off at the back, so no lawn seating (it's one of those covered/open amphitheaters you find everywhere in the US). It looked pretty full, but the very last section looked to be roped off and unused. Not sure what the interior holds, but I'm guessing a crowd of 6-7,000.

Bruce's mic either kept cutting out or they failed to turn it back up after his running about b/c many times his vocals were inaudible when he came in on a new verse or chorus (not just being lost in the mix). The first time, he looked pretty annoyed.

The boys had a huge amount of trouble with the Legacy. The bass/guitars just couldn't come in together during the "plaintive" parts of the song. They'll have to tighten that up. It almost seemed to me that Harry was the culprit coming in early. But the acoustic guitars that they had set up for all three sounded a little rough too. Also, H sounded off at the beginning of Lord of Light (I think that was the one)....either off key or something else off kilter.

Everybody but Bruce seemed to really be enjoying themselves. Davey was really getting into it (in a good way) with some fans in front of him, especially at the beginning. Bruce was his normal self, running all over hell and getting the crowd revved up.

The Evil That Men Do was a very pleasant surprise! It sounded great in the encore. After the show, the guys next to me were dumbfounded that they didn't play The Trooper! Well, we got 1 hour 50 minutes of great music....I actually was happy to hear TETMD instead!

All in all, a very fun show. The sound was lacking but I'm not complaining. I don't begrudge them for playing the entire new album, but I know that will not go over well with a lot of casual Maiden fans. Clearly Bruce has been saying, "this is an album tour", not a greatest hits parade.

Anyway, who taped the show? I'd love to get a copy! Send me a PM.

Will be seeing them again in Boston on Friday night!

BigRon

Originally Posted by TTYL316
What was the intro song before Different worlds?

Doctor Doctor by the great UFO...

AWESOME! I was wondering if they would keep this intro! :headbang:

Picture151.jpg

nice that they played all the new songs but maybe they should have spread playing them all throughtout the tour. bust out some different songs that are older

:OMG::zombie:

WOW, if this is the setlist for the entire tour I am gonna be super pissed. I am going on the 17th and I really do not want to hear the new stuff. This is lame.:yuk:

Evil? said:
:OMG::zombie:

WOW, if this is the setlist for the entire tour I am gonna be super pissed. I am going on the 17th and I really do not want to hear the new stuff. This is lame.:yuk:

They rarely alter their setlist, dude. I like the new album and all, but not all of it. I'm glad I passed on this tour.

Powerslave-SIT-7th Son in '08!

I'll be in Boston tomorrow night and am looking forward to hearing the new record, which I think is very good. No doubt it will be better live. I've seen the Maiden greatest hits many times; new material is cool, plus the five older songs they chose work well with the theme of the album and show.

I going to see them at next month. But I have to say there is too much songs at the new album.:zombie: And no paschendale. Hope they chance it till then.
But anyway it should be great show. And great pics there pabla.

I cannot wait to see this show!!! And get my own pictures!! there are always going to be those not happy with the set list whether it's the entire album that's played or some new stuff and the classics. the old saying holds true, you can please some of the people some of the time, but MAIDEN always pleases me!!!!:worship: :worship:

This could result in another live video, considering the bootleggers are going to be going mad with AMOLAD played in its entirety and since Death On The Road has never been released here in the States because of all it's programming problems.