Maiden Tour Setlist...

Dustro25

The Land Of Glerz Cove
Jul 25, 2003
Pompano Beach, FL
Visit site
Yes!!! Back from the show. I'll be brief to get it out there and post comments later.

Maiden went on at 8:35pm EST. Here's the setlist (including AMOLAD in its ENTIRETY):

Different World
These Colours Don't Run
1000 Suns
The Pilgrim
The Longest Day
(Bruce talks)
Out of the Shadows
Benjamin Breeg
Greater Good of God
Lord of Light
The Legacy
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
(encore)
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Evil that Men Do (!!)
Hallowed Be Thy Name

(end at 10:25)

I coppied this form the Maiden Fourm. Looks like the whole new album will be played. I am a fan of when bands do this. It's about time they left the Trooper and Wrathchild off their set!

I'll be able to go to a Maiden show and see songs that I have never seen knowing they will be back to do the next 4 albums after the early days.
I think they might be filming a DVD for this tour as well.

Ill be at Allstate on the 18th Can't wait!!!!

dusro2 said:
Yes!!! Back from the show. I'll be brief to get it out there and post comments later.

Maiden went on at 8:35pm EST. Here's the setlist (including AMOLAD in its ENTIRETY):

I coppied this form the Maiden Fourm. Looks like the whole new album will be played. I am a fan of when bands do this. It's about time they left the Trooper and Wrathchild off their set!

Damn! You beat me by about 10 min with this thread.

Steve in Philly :heh:

I haven't figured out if I like this or not. I would definitely like it if their set was 2 or 3 songs longer so they could throw in a few more classics. This brings me to complain that they have to have a support act. I think Maiden could pull off a "An Evening With" show, even here in the USA.

I'll be at the show Saturday in New Jersey, should be cool regardless.

It's not like the new disc is flawless or is a tightly woven concept album. And to that end, this is a bad idea. I can understand that they're bored playing the same songs every year. But instead, why not dust off some classics they haven't trotted out for quite a while?

By the way, judging by what I read about the crowd reaction in Hartford, this isn't a good idea.

Zod

General Zod said:
It's not like the new disc is flawless or is a tightly woven concept album. And to that end, this is a bad idea. I can understand that they're bored playing the same songs every year. But instead, why not dust off some classics they haven't trotted out for quite a while?

By the way, judging by what I read about the crowd reaction in Hartford, this isn't a good idea.

Zod

I'm guessing because last year they came through and did the first couple albums, probably in the next year or two they'll do the middle years tour or whatever it will be called. I'm personally stoked for the show, I'll take anything Maiden gives me live but Hallowed is about the only classic tune that I really care to hear everytime I see them. It will be a fresh of breath air in their set not to have to hear the trooper or any of the other staples. Can't wait for the Chicago show!

dusro2 said:

Different World
These Colours Don't Run
1000 Suns
The Pilgrim
The Longest Day
(Bruce talks)
Out of the Shadows
Benjamin Breeg
Greater Good of God
Lord of Light
The Legacy
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
(encore)
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Evil that Men Do (!!)
Hallowed Be Thy Name

(end at 10:25)

I'll be able to go to a Maiden show and see songs that I have never seen knowing they will be back to do the next 4 albums after the early days.
I think they might be filming a DVD for this tour as well.

Ill be at Allstate on the 18th Can't wait!!!!

Boring. Boring. Boring. Thanks for all the new songs.
IM...once were legends in their time. Now just legends in their own minds.

I know these guys hate not playing a lot from their most recent offering, but this is *way* excessive in my opinion. If you have 14 albums, it doesn't make much sense to draw 2/3rd's of your show from *any* one of them, regardless of how good/bad, old/new it is.