Maiden to Headline Ozzfest

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
I dont know if you guys heard this, but Iron Maiden just got confirmed to headline this year's OZZFEST along with Black Sabbath!!!! \m/

There goes another vacation day.

After the drought of the '90's, it warms my heart that American bands (and not just hard rock acts) are being public about what a great band Maiden is.

I still wouldn't go to Ozzfest anyway.......I don't love Maiden that much. I would see them on their own though, wouldn't go out of the way (i.e.....to NY or CA like they've been doing in the US).

I would go!!!!! :tickled:

EDIT: that was more a suprised STFU, I wasn't trying to insult you or say otherwise...

Yeah.....I don't see anything about this on either Iron Maiden's or the the Ozzfest page.

I don't think it's true. Won't believe it until I see it.

It's in Blabbermouth, just saw it

BLACK SABBATH And IRON MAIDEN To Headline This Year's OZZFEST - Feb. 15, 2005
BLACK SABBATH and IRON MAIDEN will headline the 10th anniversary edition of Ozzfest, informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. In addition, ANTHRAX's "Among the Living" lineup — featuring vocalist Joey Belladonna, guitarist Dan Spitz and bassist Frank Bello — is said to have secured a slot on the main stage at the festival, which is expected to kick off in mid-July.

According to unconfirmed reports, the Ozzfest 2005 shows will start later than the previous 9:00 a.m. kick-off time and will include more non-rotating slots on the second stage.

Prior to headlining the 2005 edition of Ozzfest, BLACK SABBATH will embark on a short European tour, which will include an appearance at the U.K.'s Download festival (where they will headline the "Ozzfest" day on June 11).

Thats kinda messed up about Anthrax, what do they tell the guys in the band now? Yeah we're going on the biggest tour of the band's history and we want you guys to stay home!?

As much as I hate Ozzfest I will probably go. Since it will be one of the few times I'll see Maiden, since they never come down here to South Florida..

Aggreed about Anthrax, I'm not a fan at all...

It's just interesting to see Maiden filling up a slot that once belonged to a band like Korn or whatever... lol at least it's metal....

I didnt think last years ozzfest can be topped, but they sure proved me wrong. IRON MAIDEN, fuck yeah. last year it was the PRIEST. Cant fuckin wait......i also wont believe it until i see it........

BlindPanzer said:
It's in Blabbermouth, just saw it

BLACK SABBATH And IRON MAIDEN To Headline This Year's OZZFEST - Feb. 15, 2005
BLACK SABBATH and IRON MAIDEN will headline the 10th anniversary edition of Ozzfest, informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. In addition, ANTHRAX's "Among the Living" lineup — featuring vocalist Joey Belladonna, guitarist Dan Spitz and bassist Frank Bello — is said to have secured a slot on the main stage at the festival, which is expected to kick off in mid-July.

According to unconfirmed reports, the Ozzfest 2005 shows will start later than the previous 9:00 a.m. kick-off time and will include more non-rotating slots on the second stage.

Prior to headlining the 2005 edition of Ozzfest, BLACK SABBATH will embark on a short European tour, which will include an appearance at the U.K.'s Download festival (where they will headline the "Ozzfest" day on June 11).

Ok the Anthrax set just sold me o_O Oh... my... god...

I am a HUUUUGE Anthrax fan.

shreddy said:
Thats kinda messed up about Anthrax, what do they tell the guys in the band now? Yeah we're going on the biggest tour of the band's history and we want you guys to stay home!?

according to BW&BK:

"SMNNews are reporting on a rumor that has ANTHRAX frontman John Bush leaving the band following their upcoming South American dates, scheduled to run from February 25th in Sao Paulo, Brazil through March 8th in Mexico City, Mexico.

If this rumor is true, Bush’ last scheduled appearance with Anthrax could be at the “Dimebag” Darrell Benefit show, taking place on February 23rd at the Aragorn Theater in Chicago, IL.

More on this as details become available."

Supposedily this is Ozzfest's last year.....

I will be going to this. I missed last years killer line-up because I was on vacation at the time they came through Tampa. Maiden hasn't played anywhere near Florida in forever. I am kind of stoked to see the old Anthrax guys jam together but I don't want Bush to leave the band. They finally seemed like they were getting themselves back on track and now this. I like the band with both singers but I thought "We've come for you all" was a really good CD by them. If it is true, we will probably see some more Armored Saint in the near future.