Maiden Tour

I'll be seeing them on 8/3 at Shoreline in Mtn. View. Doesn't get any better than seeing TIMS twice in a month-and-a-half, and then seeing Maiden themselves. :kickass:

Oh God I wish I'd been there for this one:

Fan-filmed video footage of IRON MAIDEN's July 19 concert at Klipsch Music Center in Indianapolis, Indiana can be seen below.

During the opening notes of "Wasted Years", IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson can be heard addressing a fan in the audience, "Oh, for fuck's sake, the man the white shirt, you've been texting for the last three fucking songs! You're a wanker!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VQXXsiaYqnM

:lol::lol::lol: Love ya, Bruce.

I saw them in my hometown of Milwaukee at Summerfest on July 4th and they were amazing.I was in the pit for this show and it was 102 degrees.It was hot but it was a great set-list and a great show.The Prisoner,Afraid to Shoot Strangers and 7TH Son sounded really good,but the best for me was Phantom of the Opera.This is my favorite Maiden tune and I wish they would play it every tour.This song was absolutely amazing live.These guys are amazing,this is my 26th Maiden show going back to `83 World Piece Tour and these guys still put on fantastic shows.You can always count on it.Up the Irons to all who are going to the upcoming shows,you will have a great time for sure.
When are the Iron Maidens going to come to the biggest music festival in the world,Summerfest in Milwaukee?I would just love to see these ladies play.:headbang:

The Countdown has begun! 5 days until Thee IRON MAIDEN in Irvine.Going to both shows with Pit tix on day 2:devil:

They are advertising the hell out of this show on A&E. I like some shows on that network and had it on for a few hours, and there were tons of ads for the concert.

We got kind of rooked at the Friday night show at Shoreline in Mtn. View. It was by no fault of Maiden though. They were not able to use the Eddie that appears behing Nicko on the song, 7th Son of A 7th Son, the screens on the sides of the stage were not working for the entire show, and it appeared as if Maiden were rushed off stage at the conclusion of Running Free. Mtn. View has a sound ordinance, but they weren't up against it just yet. Maiden sounded great of course, and Bruce even mentioned that we weren't getting the entire show. Oh well, until next time. UP THE IRONS! \m/

Thurs AND Fri!! :) OMG, I can't WAIT to experience 7th Son live!!!!! I was just telling the girls I wanted to recruit a fem keyboardist and do a show full of keyboard heavy tunes, mostly because I want to play this awesome song again!!! We've only performed it once, ever, with Michael Kenney on the keyboards as our guest!!!

Thurs AND Fri!! :) OMG, I can't WAIT to experience 7th Son live!!!!! I was just telling the girls I wanted to recruit a fem keyboardist and do a show full of keyboard heavy tunes, mostly because I want to play this awesome song again!!! We've only performed it once, ever, with Michael Kenney on the keyboards as our guest!!!
I remember that show...I was there! I still remember how I thought that intro sounded exactly like the real deal...because it was! The intro is totally Michael Kenney.

That was intense! They were so tight it was almost hard to believe this was actually a band playing live. Every guitar, every bass, sounded too good to be true. Bruce was amazing, as usual, always, but I have to say, it does sound like his voice is degrading somewhat in that he seems slightly winded when he runs around. He's 54, so it happens. When he stands still and belts it out, it can be better than ever. Sometimes when he runs, it goes in and out. He's still the man though and when he hits it, it was like fuckin Buddhahood! I was in the perfect section for the sound. Not too close but not far in dead center.

Bruce barely made any jokes the whole night until towards the end when he yelled:
"You think I don't see you out there? I can see you. You sick dirty bastard. Get your finger out of her ass!"

Just like the 1988 tour, they opened with Moonchild and the excitement across the stadium was indescribable.
The surprise of the night for me was that I actually liked Afraid to Shoot Strangers, a song I never cared about, came across amazingly well. It changed the energy of the show tremendously. Bruce made this incredible speech before it about war, which couldn't have been better, considering all these sick wars going on in the world, and the ones our own country continues to engage in, and nobody even seems to care that both sides are just human beings fighting for corporate greed or for made up ideologies sold to the people by their corrupt governments. Bruce's speech before this really hit me hard. I see why now they added it into the set. It slowed down the show and dropped it a level where it would have made sense if people sat down, but I welcomed the change of pace and it made me think about all the wars going on, so I had a deep moment there. After 30 years, they are allowed to change things up a bit.

7th Son was amazing! If you've never seen this live, I'd say you never heard the song. That middle part came across as almost psychedelic to me. Just like Afraid to Shoot Strangers, it changed the pace of the night which was awesome. This song live is another dimension!

Bruce is the man! The Phantom of the Opera was perfect!

Revelations and Hallowed were very much missed.

Running Free was just an excuse to introduce the band and say goodbye.

Maiden's sound just seems to be getting more and more modern, cleaner and cleaner, tighter and tighter. Its almost like a Dream Theater kind of sound to me now. Like a very clean progressive rock band.

This is not Iron Maiden rough and unpolished that you're mother warned you about. This is MAIDEN 2012 of the 5th Dimension transcending the genre's of metal and even rock into some type of sophisticated telepathic cosmic musical communication for the benefit of the future human race.