Maiden

I'm seeing 'em in Cardiff on Monday...can't fucking wait. Been counting down the weeks/days since September. Setlist looks good, all the best songs from the new album, two surprises, then the classics they've played every other time I've seen 'em :loco:

Dance Of Death definately got my seal of approval...only took me two days to get into, as opposed to two months for Brave New World. Guess three years of getting into the new sound has helped :D

Maiden ruled, i was actually pretty unexcited going as i'd only had the new album for a week and it hadn't really grown on me, however soon as the first song kicked in i knew i was in the presence of greatness. My mate had gotten excellent tickets too, to the left of the stage looking down. Maiden's set was excellent obviously featuring the new stuff, i counted 7 songs (i think) from the new album with Journeyman and No more lies standing out for me. The boys put on a real show and absolute highlights were Hallowed be thy Name, Number of the Beast and Run to the Hills.

It kind of puts the metal and rock worlds into perspective when you see a band this good, this polished and this experienced, and Bruce still does his rant about lack of airplay so hats off to the boys. They're English and their leaders in their field.. and around 20,000 (?) metal heads agreed with me last night.We should all be proud of the gods (and not a term i use lightly) Iron Maiden.
Sorry getting slightly emotional now...ahem! :)

Not a problem mate...I can empathise completely :D

Personally Dance Of Death and Paschendale were highlights of Cardiff's show for me...I liked the sort of 'panto' element they added to 'em, nice touch. Don't think Maiden have done something like that for a long time.
Sadly, No More Lies was slightly spoilt for me by the fact that I was in a Welsh crowd...everyone singing along to the chorus made it sound like I had a choir of Vietnamese washer women behind me :loco: