Major BeatDetective / ProTools problem (DAE error -9022)

I usually use 5ms trigger pad with 5ms fade when im done. I never have any problems with bad edits when i where responsible for the tracking.
Logically the fade ms shoudlnt be higher then the trigger pad because then you would fade the transient and that is bad.
I thought that theoretically the fade mustn't be more than the double trigger pad time. Since the fade is placed in the middle of the two regions, if you choose a 10 ms fade with a 5 ms trigger pad the fade would go 5 ms into the region and still not fade into the transient? So you should be fine with fade sizes up to 9 ms, probably even ten - not sure though, just what I thought.
But if feel your pain man haha. 9minutes songs with allot of triplets haha.
I HAAATe editing triplets haha
Yeah I think it got one triplet right, never got the others right.
I usually use a 5-7 ms pad and about a 5 ms fade. The cymbal problem comes from the drummer hitting the high hat before the kick drum when they should be on the same beat. If he's way in front, it may be in front of your pad. After cutting and smoothing, just make your waveforms a decent size, look at the high hat track, and trim any high hat hits that are too far in front of the kick. Happens with all other cymbals too.

Also, one word of advice. I never use the smooth AND crossfade feature. I'll cut and conform a section of about a minute or two, only using the smooth feature after conforming. Then when I've got a big chunk, I select it, Cmd+f to do a batch fade, go get a drink. When its done, check the cymbals using the above method, then consolidate. That minimizes the amount of time that you have to work with tons of fades. For a typical song i'll then end up with a couple large consolidated chunks, and I'll do a final consolidation in the end. Seems to be a bit smoother that way.

PT10 works fades in real time, so I really wanna see how editing with BD works with that. But I won't be upgrading for months, so we'll see.
Thanks for the advice. Still have to figure out "my" way of working with Beat Detective so I'm gonna try it out for sure. What I learned from this error is definitely not to edit a whole project and consolidate the cut up and faded regions in the end, but to consolidate the song in smaller chunks.

I also wondered how much quicker drum editing in PT10 would be because the closer I came to the end, the longer it took to create the fade files, and that's on a 2010 Mac Pro.

Yeah it should be much faster with PT10. Well hopefully anyway. Using the method I laid out will mean you almost never have to deal with fades, cuz you just do a 1 minute batch, listen, then consolidate. So very little to deal with.

Also you're probably already doing this, but make sure you're duplicating your playlists of the drums before you edit/ consolidate, so if you make any mistakes that aren't caught then you can go back.

Glad you ended up getting the session to work!

This doesn't help anyone. Beat Detective is an awesome tool and definitely keeps the drummer's feel more than slip editing. Anyway, not gonna derail this thread.

I never said it's going to help. I never said that Beat Detective is shit, too. I think slipediting is awesome, especially for that kind of music that Max is working on. I know it because the drummer he tracked is actually the one from my band. I never had the feeling that slipediting is killing the drummer's feel at all. Just depends on how hard you edit.

Back on topic.