Make my electric guitar sound like an acoustic.

Dvoters said:
Do you have a music program? If you get Cubase, you can get VST instruments that can simulate the guitar, but I dont know of you could get an exact acoustic. Could get close though.

\m/

I use Cakewalk guitar studio. I've been looking for vst plug-ins but I haven't found any yet. Where should I look?

And yes I should buy an acoustic guitar, but untill then I need a plug-in/software.... :)

ranietz said:
I use Cakewalk guitar studio. I've been looking for vst plug-ins but I haven't found any yet. Where should I look?

And yes I should buy an acoustic guitar, but untill then I need a plug-in/software.... :)

Never heard of Cakewalk. You could probably find some on UM hub, try this place 213.239.171.202, it is full of music programs.

If you havent got DC, then you could buy online somewhere I suppose.

\m/

Dvoters said:
Never heard of Cakewalk. You could probably find some on UM hub, try this place 213.239.171.202, it is full of music programs.

If you havent got DC, then you could buy online somewhere I suppose.

\m/

I need a password to access the site...

Or maybe it's the wrong site???

There are some FX processors (like my GT-3, and probably some dedicated pedals) that have an acoustic simulator feature. You can get one of those, or you could by a piezo pickup and install that in your guitar. These come relatively close to an acoustic sound, but it's really easy to tell that they're fake. Getting an acoustic is definitely the best way to go.

Dvoters: I like your avatar.

Aborted Fetus said:
There are some FX processors (like my GT-3, and probably some dedicated pedals) that have an acoustic simulator feature. You can get one of those, or you could by a piezo pickup and install that in your guitar. These come relatively close to an acoustic sound, but it's really easy to tell that they're fake. Getting an acoustic is definitely the best way to go.

Dvoters: I like your avatar.

There are an acoustic simulator on my Zoom pedal, but it's not very good. And I don't have the pedal near my computer...

Btw. I'm not looking for a plug-in that would create a perfect simulation. Just something to play around with untill I get an real acoustic guitar...

hmm... download "On The Wing" in my sig... if it sounds acoustic to you, i did it with the piezo setting on my guitar, and an RP-10 pedal with some reverb on it, and then played with chorus and such in Cooledit. If it does not, i don't know. It's as close as i could get.

No, I don't want to use a pedal for this. Pedals cost money. I just want to download some software/plug-ins that I could use untill I get an acoustic guitar. And that could take months...