Making contact with Mr. Vintersorg himself...

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
To Mr. V,

I've been a big fan and supporter of yours for many years already and during all this time I have always shared my enthusiasm for your music with others, locally in Canada, and elsewhere. I particularly enjoyed 'Visions from the Spiral Generator' from the moment it was first released...

B000069B46.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

While attending University at the time, I also worked at a CD store which thankfully had a big metal section where we would regularly carry every Vintersorg title. I remember the anticipation for that album and the day that it finally arrived in our store. My band was in the midst of writing our 1st album then, and I must have spun this album of yours everyday that summer (along with Arcturus' "Sham Mirrors" and Jerry Cantrell's "Degradaton Trip"). "Visions..." and all your earlier works available at the time were very also very inspirational and influencial to us back then, and still are to this day.

Years later, I am just happy to have finally made contact with you. Thanks for everything! We wish you the best in your next endeavour!

David & Woods of Ypres

:)

What?? "Woods of Ypres - Black & Doom from Toronto, Ontario, Canada"? GO TORONTO!!! I gotta check out your material for sure now!

Have you heard of the other great Toronto/London - based band Quietus? www.quietus.ca... gotta plug them not only cuz i like them, but also because my brother is the lead man of the band... And you might also be interested because they are also from Toronto!