Making the trip...

mel_progson

Dec 10, 2006
Oz
Hey guys, just thought i'd join the forum and introduce myself. Im making the big trip to ProgPower next year from Sydney Australia. I've been following the festival from online for a few years now and am always gobsmacked at the bands playing, so I thought i'd better come and see one for myself. Hope to see alot of you guys there.

I cant post a message without putting in a few bands i'd like to see in the remaining spots...
1) Pagan's Mind
2) Seventh Wonder
3) Symphony X
3) Heed
4) Rage
5) Watchtower (hey I can dream cant I?)
6) Beyond Twilight
7) Last Tribe
8) and lastly my boys in Black Majesty (gotta see an Aussie band one of these days on the bill):kickass:

Cheers-Jon

Quite a trip from the land down under. Let me tell you this...you will not be dissapointed. I was new to the festival last year. Made the trip from Cali with my brother and our friend, and we all plan on returning again this year. +1 (got another guy onboard this year). Fuckin' awesome time! :kickass: I hope some of these bands from your list come too. Preferrebly Sym. X and Pagan's, but would love to see my man Heiman make his presence felt. Don't see Heed making an appearence with the slots remaining though(with only one CD out). I know you will have a great time and hope to meet you at the greatest festival I have yet to know.

Sorry, couldnt resist. I hope you plan on budgeting for the festival every year :) I have a feeling that after one trip, like many others it will become an annual pilgrimage for you (although you have a Loooong trip). I think you'll find the people at this fest are some very good people and even if you are a bit shy/slow at meeting people - you'll pick up on the family type vibe very quickly.

See you in October & Welcome to the asylum.
jeff

Sweet! Met some great guys from Australia this year who work with the Dead Things. I've been to the festival twice and yep went once and got bitten. The greatest show ever! Amazing bands, phenomenal and friendly people, one hell of a great weekend!

Sweet hope to meet you and have a few beers and discuss the Aussie music scene.

J-Man

Welcome aboard!

You attend once, you will want to keep coming back. This coming year will be the 5th year in a row that the GF and I will attend. One thing that we do is each put $100 dollars a piece each month into a joint bank account. We call it the progpower account. So when it's time for the festival. it pays for everything and we put nothing on credit cards. The fund pays for our tickets, hotel, gas to drive there, and gives her and I both typically $700 each to spend on cd's,dvd's, and T-Shirts. It's a ritualistic vacation for us. We'll continue to go each year regardless of the lineups as most of these bands don't do real extensive tours of the US and the festival allows us to see these excellent bands.

Rock on!! :headbang:

Oh wow, excellent to hear. My first ProgPower was last year as well and I'm completely in love with it now. Be sure to get here in time for Karaoke Wednesday night... great time to socialize and meet the family.

Welcome aboard!

You attend once, you will want to keep coming back. This coming year will be the 5th year in a row that the GF and I will attend. One thing that we do is each put $100 dollars a piece each month into a joint bank account. We call it the progpower account. So when it's time for the festival. it pays for everything and we put nothing on credit cards. The fund pays for our tickets, hotel, gas to drive there, and gives her and I both typically $700 each to spend on cd's,dvd's, and T-Shirts. It's a ritualistic vacation for us. We'll continue to go each year regardless of the lineups as most of these bands don't do real extensive tours of the US and the festival allows us to see these excellent bands.

Rock on!! :headbang:
Thats a good idea. This will be my first year going, so I better start putting some cash away.

I hope to make this my frist year as well. Currently working on getting the funds together. I would love to attend thats for sure. My brother went to the first ProgPower and said it was awesome. So I'm doing my best to be there.

There are a couple of Aussie bands I want to see as well, but I think Glenn said it was too expensive to book Australian or Asian bands at this time.

PPUSA VII was my first festival, and i agree with everyone here - once you go, you can't stop :loco:

i missed out on karaoke last year, but i am SO there this year - i'm already driving my boss crazy, asking when she'll sign my request form...grr...:headbang: the request has been in since Glenn announced the dates
::i have no concept of patience::

hope to meet more of the "family" next year...i was completely overwhelmed this past year...so much to listen to...so many people to meet...

yeah...

:saint: Reverend Su

driving my boss crazy, asking when she'll sign my request form...grr...:headbang: the request has been in since Glenn announced the dates

I hear ya. My request has been sitting in the vacation folder for over a month now, with a request date of NOVEMBER 6 clearly at the top of the form. My boss just got back from a 2 week buisness trip and then a 3 week vacation today and I already pointed it out to her. :p

I hear ya. My request has been sitting in the vacation folder for over a month now, with a request date of NOVEMBER 6 clearly at the top of the form. My boss just got back from a 2 week buisness trip and then a 3 week vacation today and I already pointed it out to her. :p

Looks like you're going to miss the show by a month....

Hey guys, just thought i'd join the forum and introduce myself. Im making the big trip to ProgPower next year from Sydney Australia. I've been following the festival from online for a few years now and am always gobsmacked at the bands playing, so I thought i'd better come and see one for myself. Hope to see alot of you guys there.

I cant post a message without putting in a few bands i'd like to see in the remaining spots...

3) Symphony X

Cheers-Jon

Welcome man! Progpower's so worth it you'll find out man, PP8 will be my 3rd progpower. and im right there with you regarding symphony X!!!:headbang:

Welcome...you are going to have a blast! Last year was my first year attending, and I definitely plan to return every year.

I'll have to get some travel tips from you while you're out this way. SOMETIME in the next 5 years or so, I'll be heading out your direction for a vacation. I'm a huge tennis fan, so I want to travel to the Australian Open...and I've got friends in Tasmania that keep asking when I'm going to come visit. I'd better take advantage while they still have the welcome mat rolled out. :)