Male Death/Female Clean Vocals

S<issors

wins.
Jan 16, 2007
Been listening to Draconian a lot lately, and I think that they really pull off the male/female vocal contrast very well- logical extension of the whole death vox/clean vox thing that bands like good ol' Opeth do. Could anyone recommend me some similar material?

We (Novembers Doom) used to feature the male death/female clean vocal mix alot on our earlier albums like "The Knowing" and "Of Sculptured Ivy and Stone Flowers".

I like some Draconian too, good stuff.

Some good stuff on After Forever albums but these days I cant stop listening to Therion-Vovin, liked the woman voice on that album

I heard Project Hate and i remember fucking hating it...sounded like a boring death-metalized Fear Factory with some completely out of place Female vocals not too different from that chick of Lacuna Coil, idk, i thought it was pretty bad. They are very hyped by the metal media though, can't really see why, maybe i'm gay.
Btw, i truly despise all bands with a growler and a female singer in them, not my thing at all.

I heard Project Hate and i remember fucking hating it...sounded like a boring death-metalized Fear Factory with some completely out of place Female vocals not too different from that chick of Lacuna Coil, idk, i thought it was pretty bad. They are very hyped by the metal media though, can't really see why, maybe i'm gay.
Btw, i truly despise all bands with a growler and a female singer in them, not my thing at all.

Gay :)

Have yet to sample some of these bands, but Draconian are quite badass, so I know the female vocals/death growls thing can be done right.

Is there a single cornier and more overplayed trick in the Hot Topic metal book at this point?

That's like referring to death growls as a "corny overplayed trick." It's a style of singing, and it happens to sound good when done correctly.

My first impressions were incorrect, you actually seemed like you had some interesting ideas over on the Death Metal thread :(