MANOWAR worshipping official thread.

Jevil

Pro Evolution Fucker
Apr 18, 2006
Basque Country
www.soulitude-web.com
I was listening to Gods Of Thunder album right now, and decided to open this thread.

It was in 1989, I was just a very noob metalkid, and I saw some posters in my city of a band called MANOWAR supported by antother unknown band for me called SABBAT.

That summer I spent 1 month in England learning english. I was in a Canterbury music shop and bought Kings Of Metal, just because the cover artwork was amazing.
Since then I became a member of the Army Of Immortals.:lol::lol:
For a 13 yo child that music, those lyrics and those lyrics were fucking amazing.

In 1992 I went for the first time to a Manowar show (SKYCLAD was supposed to support them, but in the last moment they didn't....:cry:), now I think I've seen them 8-10 times.

I met them in 1998 and they were great guys, all they say and they do is just a part of the show I think.
Lyrics are a bit childish but their music is great

Latest albums are not as good as the old classic, but I still love them.
To summarize... HAIL MANOWAR.

The crown and the ring! :worship:

This is one of the best songs ever fucking written (although I have to smile a bit about the lyrics)..but that´s Manowar. The guys, especially Joey has a wonderful sense of humor. I´m not the guy wearing Manowar shirts, but I like a lot of their songs! Fuck the world - we are Metal :lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDMGxx-BTyY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDMGxx-BTyY[/ame]

This is one of the less songs in the world, I could really cry. Goose bumps!

I'm in!!!

Been a fan since the 1st time I heard "Sign of the Hammer" when I was just a wee little lad. Have every cd, multiple versions of a couple of them and still love them all.

A very good buddy of mine actually lives in the same neighborhood as Eric Adams. Yes, 90% of their act is in fact just that, an act. From everything he has told me about them from hanging out with them here and there in a pure social atmosphere, they are genuinely nice guys and very chill.

I still await the day Andy Sneap is given the chance to remix "Hail To England" and "Into Glory Ride":headbang:

ManOwaR fuckin kills!

They got so many great tunes (and many others I don't like, but it happens to me with every band). The vocals are just amazing. The only thing's that their drummer(s) doesn't make it live.

They got no fans, they got SOLDIERS!!!

There's nothing that kicks more ass than being on a festival with Manowar blasting through some peoples stereos and everyone singing along to it (with a beer in hand) :kickass:

Manowar, first metal band I ever got into. Still love 'em, and after all, WE'RE ALL BROTHERS OF METAL HERE IN THE HALL.

HAIL AND KILL! \m/

Dude - I've always loved Manowar (I started this thread some time ago, so I beat ya to it Jevo :D), but in the past month my love has been reignited stronger than ever when I finally got around to listening to "Warriors of the World"; there are quite a few weak tracks on it, but there are also 5 that are fucking INCREDIBLE, my favorite being this:

Holy FUCK that chorus is infectious, I listen to it every time I work out (FIGHT, FOR THE KINGDOM / BOUND FOR GLORY / ARMED WITH A HEART OF STEEL / I SWEAR BY THE BROTHERS WHO STAND BEFORE ME / TO NO MAN SHALL I KNEEL / THEIR BLOOD IS UPON MY STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL :headbang::headbang::headbang: ) For those who haven't listened to that album, the other great songs on it are "Swords in the Wind", and then the last 4 tracks on the album; the rest I always skip. Has anyone heard their most recent btw?

Honestly, I think Eric Adams is one of my all-time favorite singers, his voice is fantastic and so soaring, and their choruses are so goddamn catchy (though from what I gather Joey DeMaio pretty much writes all the music). And when I was a nervous, introverted metalhead high school freshman, "Heart of Steel" was my anthem :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
time for the Manowar drinking game!

Pick any 3 Manowar cds ... put them on random play ... every time you hear the words "Kill", "Blood" or "Die" you have to take a drink ...

if you hear him sing anything that end in "...The Night", you have to chug whatever you have in your hand ... so if you just opened up a fresh beer and you hear that, too bad for you ;)

time for the Manowar drinking game!

Pick any 3 Manowar cds ... put them on random play ... every time you hear the words "Kill", "Blood" or "Die" you have to take a drink ...

if you hear him sing anything that end in "...The Night", you have to chug whatever you have in your hand ... so if you just opened up a fresh beer and you hear that, too bad for you ;)

my bass player and i did this a few weeks ago to one of their dvd's, we got drunk quick hahah

We had the chance to open for them at a festival here in Bucharest last year and I must say their backline is sick! I felt the Hammer of Thor strike every time the bass tech played a chord on those custom Ricks... That was the most insane bass sound I witnessed live! Hail and kill!!!!!!! :) During soundcheck Jeff Hair, FOH extraordinaire pulled a great stunt, he adjusted the subs by playing Call To Arms from the CD and solo'ed just the subs and tweaking them, at which point I felt I would throw up! That was the power of Manowar unleashed on my stomach!!! Sick stuff going on! Loved it! :))