Manowar

Mikey-Bong

May 29, 2011
So Manowar are playing Chicago and the tickets are $85. Should I spend my Christmas money to see this show or not? Has anyone here seen them lately? I feel weird even considering paying $85 for a club show, but they rarely play the US and who knows when I'll get another chance? It's not like I'm a huge fan, but I would like to see them at least once.

I know its wrong to put any stock in the way a band looks, but throughout my life as a metal fan I have avoided even trying to listen to Manowar simply because of their appearance. I know I may be missing out on a great metal band, but come on just look at this:

Manowar1984Poster.jpg

I can see why that look would be a problem. :lol:

I admit their image was absolutely ridiculous, but I like a lot of the music. Hopefully, they don't dress like that on stage these days, but I really don't know.

I know its wrong to put any stock in the way a band looks, but throughout my life as a metal fan I have avoided even trying to listen to Manowar simply because of their appearance. I know I may be missing out on a great metal band, but come on just look at this:

Manowar1984Poster.jpg

Hmmmm. That looks just a little (or lot)....ummmm....GAY!

I was going to see Manowar in Detroit when I heard about their rare appearance here until I looked up the ticket price: $100 + charges and fees. That is too much fucking cash for them.

senor-chang-gay-o.gif

That being said, I highly doubt that even Joey Demaio takes their image as seriously as their fans do, so I don't think it's that big of a deal.

What matters is, that I think the best of Manowar stands up to the best of most metal bands. Sorry, I meant MeTal bands. My favorite Manowar songs are Return of The Warlord, Blood of The Kings and Hail And Kill.

I bet Anthrax Mosher loves this band because they're True MeTal! :lol:

I was not aware of this show. That would be a good time, but the ticket price is kinda steep. Sad that many won’t give them a chance based on a 30 year old promo pic. They have a lot of history with Anthrax and Megaforce records, so I’m surprised more people in here aren’t aware of them. There shows in Europe are legendary, they are an arena act over there.

Check out the venue here, haven’t been yet myself:

http://goldcoasttickets.com/blog/in...newest-concert-venue-concord-music-hall/35080

Serious question to Manowar fans.

As I have stated before I may very well be missing out on some awesome metal because I refused to ever even give Manowar a chance because of how ridiculous their image is.

That being said according to this article [ http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/01/14/new-grand-magus-manowar/ ] about the new Grand Magus album (A band that I think kicks ass) states that the new Grand Magus sounds like Manowar?

Is that true? Because I may actually seek them out and finally listen if so. I still wouldn't be caught dead at a Manowar show however.

Serious question to Manowar fans.

As I have stated before I may very well be missing out on some awesome metal because I refused to ever even give Manowar a chance because of how ridiculous their image is.

That being said according to this article [ http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/01/14/new-grand-magus-manowar/ ] about the new Grand Magus album (A band that I think kicks ass) states that the new Grand Magus sounds like Manowar?

Is that true? Because I may actually seek them out and finally listen if so. I still wouldn't be caught dead at a Manowar show however.

Since you have spotify put manowar in the search and press play and decide for yourself.

Manowar wow. I have listened to them off and on for a few years now. Some of the songs are just absolutely beyond ridiculous, while other songs are just absolutely awesome to listen to. You kind of have to admire the guys for sticking to their music for the past 30 plus years. You pretty much know what you're going to get when you listen to them.

That being said, I have listened to them do Nessun Dorma in not only in Italian, but also in German, and English. just sounded awesome