Manowar

If you could, report back on these 3 key items:
1. Parking
2. Staff
3. Drink prices.

I don't drink anymore so I really don't know what to compare those prices to these days, but yeah, I'll let you know how the rest goes.

Just read this on Facebook. Not a good sign. Hopefully, the Chicago show is still on.

MANOWAR

Detroit Promoter Fails To Fulfill Contractual Obligations – MANOWAR’s Performance In Royal Oak, MI On February 7, 2014 Canceled

Following the promoter’s failure to meet their obligations, making MANOWAR's performance at Royal Oak Theatre on February 7, 2014 impossible, the band's performance is officially canceled.

“The band was looking forward to kicking off their U.S. tour in Detroit” commented Magic Circle Management, “but the promoter’s failure to fulfill their obligations makes it impossible for MANOWAR to perform.”

Those who have purchased tickets to see MANOWAR in Royal Oak, MI are recommended to contact their ticket outlets to obtain a full refund.

The ‘Kings Of Metal MMXIV’ tour now starts on February 8, 2014 at Concord Music Hall, in Chicago, IL.

Googled: "Manowar live"

manowar_live.jpg

So Manowar are playing Chicago and the tickets are $85. Should I spend my Christmas money to see this show or not? Has anyone here seen them lately? I feel weird even considering paying $85 for a club show, but they rarely play the US and who knows when I'll get another chance? It's not like I'm a huge fan, but I would like to see them at least once.
$85?:confused:I've never paid that much for a concert in my life, I would think the club would be empty at that rate. Anthrax is pretty much the only band I would pay that for, hell I just saw A7X in an 20,000 seat arena with a great seat and it was only $45-50 or so. I've never followed Manowar though so maybe they are legendary and still have a huge following. If you go have a great time!

$85?:confused:I've never paid that much for a concert in my life, I would think the club would be empty at that rate. Anthrax is pretty much the only band I would pay that for, hell I just saw A7X in an 20,000 seat arena with a great seat and it was only $45-50 or so. I've never followed Manowar though so maybe they are legendary and still have a huge following. If you go have a great time!

I've never paid that much for a club show, but I have for arena shows. It was $85 after taxes and fees, $75 before.

Most bands, I wouldn't have paid that much for, but Manowar hardly ever plays in the US anymore. If they do, it's usually just in New York. Like I said earlier, I'm not a huge Manowar fan, but I would like a chance to see them at least once.

I'm definitely going unless the show gets canceled for whatever reason.

Hopefully they don't cancel. Maybe the place in Detroit couldn't handle the loudest band in the world? Yes, it's in the Guinness Book of Records. Manowar held the record for the loudest band in the world untill they broke the record themselves. :lol:

Looks like not only is the Chicago show still on, but those who bought tickets to the Detroit show get in free... (edited to say, it's not REALLY free if they didn't get their money back from the original ticket, but whatever.)

MANOWAR shared a link.

3 hours ago

All Detroit Ticket Holders Welcome To MANOWAR’s Chicago Concert For Free

MANOWAR And Concord Music Hall in Chicago welcome all ticket holders from the canceled Detroit show to MANOWAR’s Chicago show on February 8 for FREE, plus with a 200.00 USD merchandise gift bag courtesy of Magic Circle Entertainment.

“Although the Detroit show cancellation was not the decision of MANOWAR’s management, we are fully aware of the disappointment and suffering of our fans when someone else fails them. We have never let our fans down and we never will.” said Joey DeMaio.
“MANOWAR have always fought for their Manowarriors from the Detroit area and all over the world. We have all worked very hard to find a solution for our fans and we are glad that the great team at Concord Music Hall has joined our fight for true metal. We invite our brothers and sisters from the Detroit area to join us in Chicago for a metal party like they have never seen one before!”

Fans who have tickets to the canceled show in Detroit will be granted admission to MANOWAR’s show tomorrow, Saturday February 8 at Concord Music Hall in Chicago, free of charge and are invited to the merchandise stand to receive a free MANOWAR gift bag with over 200.00 USD worth of merchandise, including a special, brand new ‘Kings Of Metal MMXIV’ collectible coin, that is not yet available for sale.
(Original tickets for the Royal Oak show must be presented at the door and only one ticket per person will be accepted.)

“All other promoters that we have spoken to are ready to rock full blast! And we are ready to play a tour that will kick ass and melt faces like you have never seen before, with a brand new production, and massive amounts of equipment that will blow your head off, packed with tons of classics and full of surprises!” explained DeMaio.

The ‘Kings Of Metal MMXIV’ tour now starts on February 8, 2014 at Concord Music Hall, in Chicago, IL and will continue as scheduled.

Kings Of Metal MMXIV World Tour - Confirmed Tour Dates:

Fri, February 7, 2014 - Royal Oak Music Theatre - Royal Oak, MI, USA - CANCELED
Sat, February 8, 2014 - Concord Music Hall - Chicago, IL, USA
Sun, February 9, 2014 - Mill City Nights - Minneapolis, MN, USA
Thu, February 13, 2014 - The Masquerade - Atlanta, GA, USA
Sat, February 15, 2014 - House Of Blues - Houston, TX, USA
Sun, February 16, 2014 - House Of Blues - Dallas, TX, USA
Tue, February 18, 2014 - Ogden Theatre - Denver, CO, USA
Thu, February 20, 2014 - Regency Theatre - San Francisco, CA, USA
Sat, February 22, 2014 - Fox Theatre - Pomona, CA, USA
Tue, March 18, 2014 - Olymp Palace of Sports - Krasnodar, Russia
Fri, March 21, 2014 - Luzhniki Palace of Sports - Moscow, Russia
Sun, March 23, 2014 - Yubileyny Sports Palace - St. Petersburg, Russia
Tue, March 25, 2014 - Rock Café - Tallinn, Estonia – SOLD OUT
Thu, March 27, 2014 - Rock Café - Tallinn, Estonia – SOLD OUT
Sat, March 29, 2014 - Teatro Arena - Vilnius, Lithuania
Sat, May 17, 2014 - Spodek – Katowice, Poland
Wed, May 21, 2014 - Hangar 11 – Tel Aviv, Israel
Sat, May 24, 2014 - Metal Summer Festival - Istanbul, Turkey
Fri-Sun, June 13-15, 2014 – Legacy Open Air - Weismain, Germany
Fri-Sat, July 25-26, 2014 - Magic Circle Festival - Helsinki, Finland
Wed, January 14, 2015 - Grugahalle – Essen, Germany
Fri, January 16, 2015 - Zenith – Munich, Germany
Sat, January 17, 2015 - Jahrhunderthalle – Frankfurt, Germany

I wonder if this is included in the "200.00 USD merchandise gift bag"
http://www.thekingdomofsteel.com/condoms-warriors-shield/
:lol:

Wow, apparently, the ceiling collapsed at Concord Music Hall last night so they had to change venues last minute. Now the show will be at Logan Square Auditorium.

Seems odd that a fairly new building would have something like that happen. Could this tour be cursed?:lol:

Wow, apparently, the ceiling collapsed at Concord Music Hall last night so they had to change venues last minute. Now the show will be at Logan Square Auditorium.

Seems odd that a fairly new building would have something like that happen. Could this tour be cursed?:lol:

I'm telling you, they can't handle the loudest band in the world!

Fri-Sat, July 25-26, 2014 - Magic Circle Festival - Helsinki, Finland

So...should I go see Manowar? :lol:

Detroit cancelled? How pathetic. I guess I wasn't the only one who thought $100 for a club show was too much money. Thanks for the linked article. It was an interesting read. I certainly don't fault those guys for living modestly. But you would think they might have done better charging $30 or $40 for their show? I would happily check out a Manowar show for $30.

Detroit cancelled? How pathetic. I guess I wasn't the only one who thought $100 for a club show was too much money. Thanks for the linked article. It was an interesting read. I certainly don't fault those guys for living modestly. But you would think they might have done better charging $30 or $40 for their show? I would happily check out a Manowar show for $30.

I wouldn't pay that much to see them again. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret doing it this time. But I won't pay that much a second time. I would see them again in a heartbeat for $30.

Yes, this tour is cursed.:lol:

MANOWAR

Atlanta show must be rescheduled.
New date: November 12
Please read the promoter's statement.

Manowarriors, we will return!
Safety first!

I believe Concord is open again. I spoke to a security guy from Concord who was working the night of the ceiling collapse. He claimed the damage wasn't too bad and they would be open again soon.