March of Progress - latest news

Threshold

Oct 22, 2009
British progressive metallers THRESHOLD are in the final stages of recording their ninth studio album "March of Progress". The album is being produced by Karl Groom and Richard West at Thin Ice Studios (DRAGONFORCE, PENDRAGON) with additional production at Eightspace Studio (LEAGUE OF LIGHTS, THE MORNING AFTER).

Vocal duties on "March of Progress" have been performed by THRESHOLD's original frontman Damian Wilson (STAR ONE, HEADSPACE), who's been back touring with the band since the release of their previous studio album "Dead Reckoning" in 2007.

Commented Damian Wilson: "I've really enjoyed being back in the studio with Rich and Karl. It feels like the good old days, wailing away at Thin Ice Studios again! My voice has been strong and powerful, it feels like my best work".

THRESHOLD's last studio album "Dead Reckoning" was released in 2007 and featured vocals by Andrew McDermott, who sadly passed away last year. The album entered the charts at position 64 in Germany, 95 in The Netherlands and 37 in the UK rock chart.

THRESHOLD's most recent output was their 2009 limited edition box set "Paradox: The Singles Collection", a 24 song collection including a number of unreleased songs and recordings with vocals by Damian Wilson, Glynn Morgan and Andrew McDermott.

THRESHOLD will release their new studio album "March of Progress" through Nuclear Blast Records later in 2012.

Is it just me or is "March of Progress" an awful album title? Reminds of that huge booze advert that used to be on the wall of a building heading past the Bull Ring into Brum.

It's just you, Light! :Spin:

Anything Threshold does can't be bad!

I plan to go on vacation to Britain this summer. I do hope there will be some tour dates posted soon... :devil:

/SE

Quote from Pete Morten:

"I am playing on the forthcoming Threshold album ‘March Of Progress’ and have written two songs called ‘Divinity’ and ‘Coda’. The latter has a tribute to the late Mac (former Threshold lead singer Andrew McDermott) who sadly passed away last year. I wanted to write some words for him, as I was truly saddened to hear of his loss. What a waste of talent! One regret is that I never got to meet him."

I expected some kind of tribute to Mac on the new album and I'm very happy that there it is.

Quote from Pete Morten:

"I am playing on the forthcoming Threshold album ‘March Of Progress’ and have written two songs called ‘Divinity’ and ‘Coda’. The latter has a tribute to the late Mac (former Threshold lead singer Andrew McDermott) who sadly passed away last year. I wanted to write some words for him, as I was truly saddened to hear of his loss. What a waste of talent! One regret is that I never got to meet him."

I expected some kind of tribute to Mac on the new album and I'm very happy that there it is.

I'm happy to hear that, too. Pete seems like a good guy

I think it will be weak album because 5 years between albums mean the problems with songwriting
League of Lights' CD proved this

I can name a shitload of great albums that came out 5 years after the previous.

Def Leppard's Adrenalize and Symphony X's Paradise Lost are just two examples.

It's impossible to compare Hysteria and Adrenalize. First is much better.