markgugs's mini-review thread...

Sacred Reich - Independent 8/10

so what if they play the same riff just slightly modified in half the songs, it's a good riff! also Never Said Goodbye >>>>>>> yuo

General Zod said:
Immortal - At the Heart of Winter: 10/10 - I actually spun this up at 2AM last night. Think I'm gonna buy it.

Awesome - support them and make them get back together! :loco:

General Zod said:
Entombed - Left Hand Path: 9.5/10 - not sure if Dark One told me to start here or not to start here, with Entombed.

Actually, it was the complete opposite, LOL. Left Hand Path is very straightforward old school death metal (albeit done well). But I never really thought this style would appeal to you. I actually was of the opinion you should start around the "Wolverine Blues" album onward, particulary "To Ride, Shoot Straight & Speak the Truth" "Uprising" and "Morning Star". That's when the death 'n roll sound really started up. "Clandestine" (the one right after "Left Hand Path" is probably closer to the 1st album sounds than the other ones, but you may enjoy this as well.

General Zod said:
Nevermore - The Politics of Ecstasy: 9/10 - their best? I actually like each of their last 4 CDs better.

Up until "This Godless Endeavor" it was always my favorite as well.

Lur said:
Sacred Reich - Independent 8/10

so what if they play the same riff just slightly modified in half the songs, it's a good riff! also Never Said Goodbye >>>>>>> yuo

Ok, so....if I understand NAD tastes:

Toadies & Sacred Reich = awesome

Nokturnal Mortum = boring

Ha ha, yuo = teh funnay

If someone could upload a Sacramentum song I'd be eternally grateful, they sound pretty interesting.

Heart of the Ages is the best album that's been mentioned in this thread.

Erik said:
Where have you been :eek:

MP3:

Fog's Kiss

Well I've heard of them of course, but never heard them. And never got around to checking them out because I still have a FUCKING CRAPPY STUPID dial-up connection, so don't really get around to checking out the bands on my "to check out" list. Unless someone goes to the trouble of uploading stuff for me, so thanks, downloading now :cool:

Erik said:
I didn't actually mean that, I meant what's up with your absence from the forum :p

Oh haha ok. I lurk mostly, rather than post these days. Plus for a while now I just haven't been interested in hearing new stuff, and that's mostly why this forum is so good.