Marriage

I guess I would, though I'd live in an unofficial but marriage-like relationship too, it's just that marriage is more legal than emotional. Definitely, the social status of married women is still higher, especially if they're with kids. But I feel I'm still considered a kid in my larger family cause I'm not married, unlike my cousins, who have kids now, even though I find their life boring.

Btw, I thought of this thing "don't let a relationship define you" --- but if a woman gets married, she even loses her name :( how wouldn't that define her then?

What really pisses me off is these benefits attached to the married state. For example, my sister was once chosen as a winner for a holiday voucher, but she didn't get it cause she's single. :mad: When we applied for a loan for the digital camera, she didn't get the best construction either.

Btw, I thought of this thing "don't let a relationship define you" --- but if a woman gets married, she even loses her name :( how wouldn't that define her then?

Well you don't have to get married and if you do, in this day and age a woman can keep her maiden name.

Su Jacko said:

Well you don't have to get married and if you do, in this day and age a woman can keep her maiden name.

Yeah, in Hungary too, but I thought if you become a Mrs. you have to take your husband's name. :dopey:

Well, I think women usually don't choose not to get married, they just stay in an unmarried state :lol: I mean to be able to choose you have to be proposed to, first of all, and that's what doesn't happen, haha.

Dhatura said:
Well, I think women usually don't choose not to get married, they just stay in an unmarried state :lol: I mean to be able to choose you have to be proposed to, first of all, and that's what doesn't happen, haha.
you can ask someone yourself :D

a mate of mine got married in a woods here, viking style, theyve long split up though, was just a phase he was going through he tells me

Dhatura said:
Yeah, in Hungary too, but I thought if you become a Mrs. you have to take your husband's name. :dopey:

this is proper bo 1900s! nice one

ikeaboy said:
a mate of mine got married in a woods here, viking style, theyve long split up though, was just a phase he was going through he tells me

Yeah, that's the way I'd like it too :)

At Sziget fest you can get married, you even get an official certificate. You can get married to anyone or anything, even to your beer bottle, amazing how so many people do that.

possessd.gif