Martin Lopez V.S. Fredrik Andersson

LaSTofTHeViKIngs said:
Guess it's just cause I like classical music why I like Opeth don't hate me for it.

Well I dont care who listens to what and definitly wont kill him for that. Hell, Opeth are ok, Damnation is other that the rest of their albums so I like it less.

To all those Opeth haters: You dont like it - just dont listen to it.

ok so is it official now. are we all going to ignore snow sex?

@Beorn... I do hate Opeth but I respect their talent... I dont listen to them anymore actually Ive made so that I havent heard a full song of theirs in months. Im rather proud of myself:)

fred undoubtably.. now im no drummer but i can make up opinions and in my opinion martin does not even touch fredrik especialy in curiculum mortis those songs are amasing to say the least.

if martin is such a great drummer he doesnt get as much chance to show it in opeth.

I picked up Once sent... during the summer of 98' when I was about 14 years old and just starting to breach the barrier between more traditional metal and the extreme subgenres. Now being a drummer, then and now, I was immediatley impressed with the technicality and musicality of Lopez's playing on osftgh. I thought his touch added a dimension to the band that for better or for worse, has not resurfaced since. I enjoy Frederik's more straightforward, almost militaristic style as well, but osftgh is still my favorite amon amarth album, and a large part of that is due to lopez's work on the kit.

Fredrik...Martin's progressive tendencies, while interesting, just didn't fit with the music as well.

Opeth is one of the worst bands in metal. Disjointed, disconnected, pretentious, incoherent, senseless, masturbatory, random, overextended, repetitive, boring CRAP. I wasted a little over of two hours of my life listening to Blackwater Park and My Arms, Your Hearse, and it felt like two days.

Pyrus said:
Fredrik...Martin's progressive tendencies, while interesting, just didn't fit with the music as well.

Opeth is one of the worst bands in metal. Disjointed, disconnected, pretentious, incoherent, senseless, masturbatory, random, overextended, repetitive, boring CRAP. I wasted a little over of two hours of my life listening to Blackwater Park and My Arms, Your Hearse, and it felt like two days.
Hahah.

That proves that we're all different, and that you are an idiot ;)

I can understand that though, Opeth seems a little bit pointless sometimes but they have their moments... These moments are "nothing to play with", as we say in Sweden. :)

Blech. The problem is that when they do find one of these "moments" (like a good riff), they proceed to beat it like the proverbial dead horse. They just play too long and too slow to keep anything interesting. A slow song like, say, Iced Earth's "Creator Failure"; that kicks ass because they change riffs when the riff starts to die. Opeth...they're too in love with the sound of their own music.

It's just a personal thing, I guess. Each to their own.

burning creation said:
yeah!!!... truth is, I couldnt give less of a shit about what opeth does... I just dont listen to them and everything turns ok... turn up the amon amarth and play hours upon hours of Medal of honor allied assault... dont laugh. please.
Fuck no aint gonna laugh!!! Serious Sam, Delta Force 3 and Unreal with metal is the ultimate combination! DF3 goes better with Sodom tho....