Martin Lopez's Health

and then get rid of that dingleberry axenrot

shut the hell up. axenrot is an accomplished drummer. i've seen him play twice and no, he doesnt play the same part as lopez, but he's still great. think of it from his point of view, dumbass. he's just starting out, you cant expect him to be perfect. opeth have complex parts set out for drums and it takes time to learn. it took lopez 6 years to perfect it.

you call yourself an opeth fan? shut the fuck up.

Mikael Akerfeldt said:
I don't know why I feel the need to defend Axe but I think some of you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Lopez was great I agree, but it's over...either accept it or move on.

First of all, did i use that language last time? We are here to discuss stuff like this and i really wasn't expecting that language. You might not consider me as an opeth fan, but keep it in mind, i've been a fan for almost 6 years now. I love their old stuff more than the new GR album and thats my personal choice, i think the old stuff sounded alot more "Opeth" than the new one, alot of people are scared of admiting it as they might come across people like you or they might be thinking"well...i might not sound like an opeth fan". By the way, if you are raelly holding Axe's side, go and listen to the blood bath crap, every one knows the difference between the bands and Axe is so lucky to be in opeth. I'm relly looking forward to hear the next album to see how the drum sounds like (i might be wrong you see, he might even be better than Lopez, you never know). It took Martin Lopez only 1 year to come up with Still Life which i think he has done the best i've ever heared from him. And also, din't hear any explanations form the "Real Opeth Fan" about worst Opeth song the Atonoment.

. If you disagree, would you explain what the bloody hell is the song"Atonement". Absolute joke. For me, when i heared Atonement, a was fuckin shocked that its a new release from Opeth.:puke:

Atonement is an atmospheric song in the vein of Pink Floyd or maybe even the Moody Blues. It is a step toward the direction of "we have made lots of heavy stuff, let's try a new direction." It is a breather in the album that makes digesting it as a whole much easier to accomplish. It is a song about impacting the senses. A song that you would not expect. Because it is mellow and soft, it makes the hard parts even harder on the rest of the album. I compare that song to Weakness, but with percussion. If you don't like it you don't like it, and that it cool, but I think if you went to see them live, you won't hear Atonement, so you are safe.

Expand your mind, and listen to it for what it is, not what you want it to be.

Reactions: Don Corleone
First of all, did i use that language last time? We are here to discuss stuff like this and i really wasn't expecting that language. You might not consider me as an opeth fan, but keep it in mind, i've been a fan for almost 6 years now. I love their old stuff more than the new GR album and thats my personal choice, i think the old stuff sounded alot more "Opeth" than the new one, alot of people are scared of admiting it as they might come across people like you or they might be thinking"well...i might not sound like an opeth fan". By the way, if you are raelly holding Axe's side, go and listen to the blood bath crap, every one knows the difference between the bands and Axe is so lucky to be in opeth. I'm relly looking forward to hear the next album to see how the drum sounds like (i might be wrong you see, he might even be better than Lopez, you never know). It took Martin Lopez only 1 year to come up with Still Life which i think he has done the best i've ever heared from him. And also, din't hear any explanations form the "Real Opeth Fan" about worst Opeth song the Atonoment.

wow, yeah atonoment blows, and you make some improssive points, congrotulotions :worship: :worship: :worship:

anyone who doesn't think axenrot can keep up with double bass shoudl listen to the witchery album he did, 'Don't Fear The Reaper', or just the track 'Crossfixation'.

i've seen him play wiht opeth twice now, most recently last night (5th nov), and both times i've been very impressed, his only fuck-up i noticed over the 2 gigs was hitting the drum mic with his stick.

By the way, if you are raelly holding Axe's side, go and listen to the blood bath crap, every one knows the difference between the bands

No, you don't know the difference... You Can't compare Bloodbath with Opeth, they are just different things (both amazing)

Blood disease? sounds bad indeed

does anyone have any other details?

He has Bacteremia or blood poisoning or toxemia, it's de same disease with different names

anyone who doesn't think axenrot can keep up with double bass shoudl listen to the witchery album he did, 'Don't Fear The Reaper', or just the track 'Crossfixation'.

i've seen him play wiht opeth twice now, most recently last night (5th nov), and both times i've been very impressed, his only fuck-up i noticed over the 2 gigs was hitting the drum mic with his stick.

Are you talking about the gig last night in Portsmouth? How did the rest of the band sound like? Could you kindly tell me what songs did they play? Cheers.
I live in Hove which is just next to Brighton and is about 50 mins away from Portsmouth, I really wanted to make it but i had a night shift work and didn't make it at the end.

just listen to any of the stuff off of nightmares made flesh...axe can definatly keep up with the speed...and atonement is as opethesque as any other,especially the outro....its quite awesome aswell

just listen to any of the stuff off of nightmares made flesh...axe can definatly keep up with the speed...and atonement is as opethesque as any other,especially the outro....its quite awesome aswell

the outro to atonement is classic!

Atonement is an atmospheric song in the vein of Pink Floyd or maybe even the Moody Blues. It is a step toward the direction of "we have made lots of heavy stuff, let's try a new direction." It is a breather in the album that makes digesting it as a whole much easier to accomplish. It is a song about impacting the senses. A song that you would not expect. Because it is mellow and soft, it makes the hard parts even harder on the rest of the album. I compare that song to Weakness, but with percussion. If you don't like it you don't like it, and that it cool, but I think if you went to see them live, you won't hear Atonement, so you are safe.

Expand your mind, and listen to it for what it is, not what you want it to be.

the first smart post i've ever seen by mix. kudos!

i think the old stuff sounded alot more "Opeth" than the new one

that's like saying "i think that 1974 corvette looks alot more like a corvette than the new corvette". :erk: guess what, Mr. "Real Certified US-Grade A Opeth Fan"? opeth IS opeth...no matter what they do. just because you dont like the direction theyre going doesnt mean its not opeth. face it: your afraid of change. well get used to it, because in this world, things change.

And also, din't hear any explanations form the "Real Opeth Fan" about worst Opeth song the Atonoment.
many people have given explainations. atonement is an atmospheric, highly experimental but ultimately awesome song. it is definitely different, but you can still sense the strong opethian undertones (particuarily the middleeastern riffage, the post-verse vocals, and the damnation-esque acoustic notes).

and what exactly have you said? nothing besides
"If you disagree, would you explain what the bloody hell is the song"Atonement". Absolute joke. For me, when i heared Atonement, a was fuckin shocked that its a new release from Opeth"

and your endless banter about how you dont want opeth to change. so either find a valid argument or shut the hell up! :Smug: