Master of Reality appreciation

King Richard

Hello there
Mar 23, 2006
Wouldn't you like to know
appreciate bitches!

:worship:
acd0006.jpg

A great band but I find myself hardly listening to them as much as I use too but I still put some hits from their Self Titled album from time to time.

Master of Reality is sabbaths best. 'paranoid' really has nothing on it which is usually the praised sabbath release.

I really wish I wasn't born so fucking late. I went straight from pop bands to Suffocation and Visceral Bleeding and never got the chance to appreciate the "old" bands like Sabbath. Oh well, I guess thats the downside to the overwhelming information on the internet.

No, I've listened to a lot of Sabbath lately, it just that I haven't been around to witness the affect Sabbath had on metal. I still appreciate them for what they created, but not as much as I would have if I had been able to slowly discover new music instead of leaping over a whole generation of metal.

No, I've listened to a lot of Sabbath lately, it just that I haven't been around to witness the affect Sabbath had on metal. I still appreciate them for what they created, but not as much as I would have if I had been able to slowly discover new music instead of leaping over a whole generation of metal.

Right on man, I totally agree. :kickass:

i thought most people here liked paranoid or self titled better. master of reality has always been my favourite. lord of this world, children of the grave, into the void, orchid, sweet leaf etc. fuck yes.

for me:
Master of Reality
Black Sabbath
Paranoid
Volume 4
Sabotage
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

the rest isn't real Sabbath.

Great album with some of their best songs, shame about the muddy as hell production though.

Weird. To me MoR has sabbaths best production and guitar tone. I bet when people heard the album when it came out they were shocked about the guitar sound and I think reasons like this is why there is doom metal officially. I listen to a lot of death metal and doom and the guitar tone still holds up. Being born in 87 was not around then, but the master of reality does not sound dated or anything because of the thick production it has, the album blends in perfectly with my general metal listens.