MASTERED BY MUPPETS (death magnetic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hows the recording process going??? This is pumping me up.

Really good man, I have got ALL rhythm guitars and drums down down. Sounding really tight. Sending out backing tracks to Brett etc tonight.

bit too much dynamics inside the coffin!

Haha, true! I just made it like that so it looked like an obvious waveform. Although perhaps I should have done it the other way round, i.e. put a really dynamic waveform in a coffin... i.e the death of dynamics!?

Really good man, I have got ALL rhythm guitars and drums down down. Sounding really tight. Sending out backing tracks to Brett etc tonight.

waaaahhh can´t wait!! I look forward:) I will begin practicising tomorrow in the morning with your backing tracks. Is there some kind of deadline to record the solo ?

I think Oz wants, that I prepare the solo for reamping. Can you confirm it ?

Should I record in 96 khz / 24 bit ?

Here's another one for you chaps. 1dBFS....hahaha:

one2.jpg

Hey Dan, noticed your awesome images on Metallicabb via one of the threads there.

I have a Facebook profile called:

Metallica please re-master Death Magnetic, it's final mixing is horrible!

Here: http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=29482321901

I was wondering if I could use some of your images to promote the group? Obviously you will get full credit on the Group pages for any pictures I may use! (Im currently stuck for a group image)

That is good stuff - it would go over well with Camp Chaos.

Mr. Spock weighs in on the Death Magnetic debacle:

b4khk9ey96f113mgaaj9.jpg

I think a little bit of irony is being lost here. I'm not trying to be ridiculously critical of Rubin, it's just for a bit of a laugh, and also because Rubin is a very recognisable face.

I'm sure the clipping isn't is his fault, we've all established that he produced - NOT mixed or mastered - the album, but in a way I find ignoring that fact and ignorantly blaming him to be quite funny.

not to break with the funny or anything, but i would put the blame squarely on rubin's shoulders...as shown earlier in this thread, he's had a recent history of producing albums with excessive clipping all over the place - and whether it's the result of him sitting in a chair behind the mixing engineer screaming "LOUDER, I WANT IT LOUDER GODDAMNIT!", or just some sort of engineering fuck-up(which i find hard to believe), he's the guy who's responsible for the end quality of the product that gets delivered to the label and sent out for replication.

i refuse to believe that someone of his stature doesn't hold enough weight to demand a remix if he was at all bothered by the overall loudness of the album

Hey Dan, noticed your awesome images on Metallicabb via one of the threads there.

I have a Facebook profile called:

Metallica please re-master Death Magnetic, it's final mixing is horrible!

Here: http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=29482321901

I was wondering if I could use some of your images to promote the group? Obviously you will get full credit on the Group pages for any pictures I may use! (Im currently stuck for a group image)

Yeah man, please use them! Any credit would be great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.