MASTERED BY MUPPETS (death magnetic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Idea is absolutely great !! But I´d alienate it a bit more. Maby not the same "grey/white" like on Justice..invert the colours or something.

The references could be too much on "Justice for all" wich is a good production..(except the lack of bass). What do you think ?

What makes you say that Andy?

justice2.jpg

:D

Fucking insane Dan, awesome

Dan, have you considered doing stuff like this professionally? Your creativity is absolutely out of control man!!! :D

+1

What about a parody of the last album's cover with the grave replaced by an ear or ear drum or something like that?

That would be great, too...hmmm it´s difficult. I think, Rick Rubin is, despite everything, a good producer..(in my opinion) I love the SOAD stuff, A LOT. I don´t know, if he deserves this. But on the other side, i am so fuckin´disappointed concerning the "death magnetic" production. What do you all say ?

I will repeat what I said: let's keep it free from too much aggression. We were not there, nobody knows what happened, what decisions were made by who, so no personal attack is what I believe in. Look, everyone was bashing the mastering engineer, who happened not to be responsible for the clipping, etc. The album is good, many say it's their best album since Metallica in 1991, Rubin is probably responsible for a bit of that so deserves respect. That being said, I don't think he'd care about be bashed or anything by internet geeks, he's way over all that shit :)

I will repeat what I said: let's keep it free from too much aggression. We were not there, nobody knows what happened, what decisions were made by who, so no personal attack is what I believe in. Look, everyone was bashing the mastering engineer, who happened not to be responsible for the clipping, etc. The album is good, many say it's their best album since Metallica in 1991, Rubin is probably responsible for a bit of that so deserves respect. That being said, I don't think he'd care about be bashed or anything by internet geeks, he's way over all that shit :)

I also think, we should not bash Rubin too much. I´m still respectfull to Rick Rubin. He made so much really good work..and we don´t know how much Influence he has had in the past. In my opinion "Reign in blood" is a GOD Album, "south of heaven", too. Let´s think about it.

The name "CLIPPING DEATH" MUST BE !

What makes you say that Andy?

justice2.jpg

:D

Hi Dan:headbang:

God damn it..it´s so fuckin´ great work. I´m shure, this was not easy. But I have a small sort of scrupel in this. It´s a litle bit too aggressive..I´m mind splitted..I like the Idea behind that and the technical execution, but I think it´s too hard. Can you defuse it on any way. Maybe alienate it..so that Rubin will not perfectly recognized at once. What do you think, Dan ?

I think you guys are blaming Rubin and the one who fucked it up is the mixing engineer.
Its funny, but metallica has the power (and money) to hire ANYBODY to mix his album, and they dont use it.

I don´t blame Rubin...nobody should do that. We all don´t know how much responsibility he had for Death Magnetic.

..My Theorie is the following.

Lars Ulrich:

"Let´s make the loudest Metal Album of all time..WE ARE METALLICA!!" :lol:

The mixing engineers was under pressure to reach this project AT ALL COST. NOW I think Metallica feel ashamed for that:)

What do you think ?

Honestly I dont think Metallica gets involved that deep in the recording process, but you never know.
Besides the volume issue, IMO the album doesnt sound great, or at least compared to Black album or Load (great sounding records) its just sucks.
I wish Randy Staub mixed it again

HOLD ON EVERYBODY.

I think a little bit of irony is being lost here. I'm not trying to be ridiculously critical of Rubin, it's just for a bit of a laugh, and also because Rubin is a very recognisable face.

I'm sure the clipping isn't is his fault, we've all established that he produced - NOT mixed or mastered - the album, but in a way I find ignoring that fact and ignorantly blaming him to be quite funny. And again, if you put fidelman/jensen's head on lady justice no one would get it because they aren't known faces.

I like (most of) Death Magnetic, I'm not trying to rip anyone to shreds. But the "production" (or the mixing/mastered...) is objectively weak, and as Rick Rubin is the producer, he makes an easy fall guy for the sake of a bit of fun :)

Thanks to everyone for the compliments!

Status
Not open for further replies.