MASTERPLAN - New lineup?

New bassist: Jari Kainulainen

Edit: You can follow the announcement on facebook.com/afmrecords. Apparently the new singer is Swedish.

New bassist: Jari Kainulainen

Edit: You can follow the announcement on facebook.com/afmrecords. Apparently the new singer is Swedish.
Random guesses - Mats Leven, Rick Altzi, and the requisite fantasy idea, Daniel Heiman.

Yeah, I saw those names popped on that page... Also someone said "Annette Olzon" after it was revealed the singer would be Swedish. I Lol'd.

Yeah, I saw those names popped on that page... Also someone said "Annette Olzon" after it was revealed the singer would be Swedish. I Lol'd.
I didn't bother reading the whole thread, but it seems like a reasonably small pool of potential people, since Masterplan's MO has been to hire well-known members.

And the winner of the Masterplan Vocalist Lottery is...Rick Altzi. I look forward to repeating this whole process of guessing at lineup changes sometime in late 2013/early 2014.

Here's the new band.

On Bravewords dot com.

MASTERPLAN - New Lineup Revealed; Bass Recordings For New Album Completed

Hot Flashes
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2012 at 16:16:24 EST

German melodic metallers MASTERPLAN have revealed their new band lineup.

Joining recently announced new drummer Martin "Marthus" Skaroupka (CRADLE OF FILTH) are vocalist Rick Altzi (AT VANCE, SANDALINAS, THUNDERSTONE), who replaces Jorn Lande, and bassist Jari Kainulainen (pictured below, ex-STRATOVARIUS, SYMPHONIA).

The band are currently recording the follow-up to their 2010 release, Time To Be King. The new album is expected in March, 2013. Bass recordings were completed today.

Stay tuned for further updates from the band.

Masterplan lineup:

Rick Altzi - vocals
Roland Grapow - guitars
Axel Mackenrott - keyboards
Jari Kainulainen - bass
Martin "Marthus" Skaroupka - drums