Master's Apprentices

Demoke

This is the Almighty:
Oct 8, 2003
Berlin Germany
:err: I was yesterday at a record store (one of those nice ones with second hand lp's and cd's) and I was having a look at the CDs when I got shocked after I saw one by a band called "Master's Apprentices." Looking for some information later I've found out they are one of those bands from the mid 60's-70's. They are Australian, I believe... I'd like to know if the fifth track in Deliverance is called like that after this band. If so, what's there about the connection with Morbid Angel (I think this is in the music -at least the first minutes), and then it would be great to know about some interpretation of the lyrics in that song.

I'm sorry that this post is kind of messy, and I hope I can get some good reply. :headbang:

i dunno why opeth would do that? but i dont think that has anything to do with it... thats like saying.. hey there is a band called "Deliverence", oh no.. did opeth use their name as an album cover?.... they are english words...they can be used more than one time.

My Arms, Your Hearse is a lyric from a song. And There's a band called April Ethereal. But they stole that from Opeth.

You guys are so bloody ignorant! *rolls eyes*
Mikael has so often, discussed with the fans that one of his fave bands are "Masters Apprentices" Every time he goes to Oz he hunts down old L.P's from this band.
The song is most definitely named after them, and he even recently discussed them at the live Sydney show I was at a couple of weeks ago

Yeah, At the Sydney gig Mikael told the crowd that Masters Apprentice (the Opeth song) was named after that Australian band. I haven't heard them though, has anyone? if so what are they like?

Yes, it's just a bloody ripoff, Mikael has already stated that in one of the interviews. Enjoy.

And to you MightyA: Stop your irony/sarcasm to the new fowks. Please.

o_O

No Master's Apprentices are not a metal band, they are a rock band from the 60's. If you have never heard of them, you aren't an Australian. Sorry.

Thank you for the replies although I still didn't get that much more information than I had before... It's true that Blackwater Park was called so also after a band and I just find this kind of intertextuality curious.

i dunno why opeth would do that? but i dont think that has anything to do with it... thats like saying.. hey there is a band called "Deliverence", oh no.. did opeth use their name as an album cover?.... they are english words...they can be used more than one time.

Hey, guy, this post is, I'm sorry to say, stupid to say the least. It really shows your ignorance. Think carefully about what you wrote and realise.

i find it funny how mikael makes fun of himself for ripping off other bands....like in the dvd....he's so sarcastic about it....."you like that song...huh?.....that was ripped off from a band called camel..."

Katatonic said:
o_O

No Master's Apprentices are not a metal band, they are a rock band from the 60's. If you have never heard of them, you aren't an Australian. Sorry.

How fucking dare you, i'm 16 years old man i don't know my fucking Australian music history from A-Z mate & i don't intend on doing so, get a fucking life.