Mastodon-Remission

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I'm at it again. I can't say enough about this band. I found myself really "liking" this!

Mastodon-"Remission"

Relapse Records 2002

[url]http://www.mastodonrocks.com/[/url]

Mastodon? Isn’t that some big animal? You have probably heard a little bit about this band lately. There’s a buzz about this band. Their record "Remission" was issued back in 2002 by Relapse Records & slow but surely they have been creating a bit of a buzz within the metal/hardcore community. I must admit, I hadn’t heard anything from this band until recently, when I saw their video clip for the track "March of the Fire Ants" on Headbanger’s Ball. That goes to show how a music video can reach so many people. This band has a stripped down sound, not what one would call "garage rock." Very "organic" sounding. A guitar, bass, drums, over some extreme hardcore vocals with a death metal influence.

Nothing fancy & nothing trendy. I think this is the type of record that Metallica had envisioned when they were in the studio for all those months. I would bet the farm that this band wasn’t in the studio more than a couple of weeks for the recording of this record.

This just goes to show, you "can’t fake it." This is a hungry band, this a band that’s edgy, this is a band that will be around when all of their peers are dead & gone. Among the highlights on this gem are: "March of the Fire Ants," "Workhorse," "Trainwreck." & "Trampled Under Hoof."

So what’s the sound? Well, it’s hard to describe. I would say that they have a little bit of Kyuss, a little hardcore & a little metal. Yeah. That’s about right. You put ‘em all together & you have Mastodon. So to answer the question form the beginning. Yes, a Mastodon was an animal. A very big animal, that probably crushed anything in it’s path. How fitting.

Tracklisting:

1) Crusher Destroyer

2) March of the Fire Ants-:worship:

3) Where Strides the Behemoth

4) Workhorse-:worship:

5) Ol’e Nessie

6) Burning Man

7) Trainwreck-:worship:

8) Trampled Under Hoof-:worship:

9) Trilobite

10) Mother Puncher

11) Elephant Man

i only know cause i read it along with the masterdon review you did in the review section.sounded like you had a whole barrel of fun listening to that guy.hope you dont mind,but i said to jonnyd about sending you a copy of my cd to review for me too.just hope you dont find it as big a waste of time as the wolfmaster

baldyboy said:
i only know cause i read it along with the masterdon review you did in the review section.sounded like you had a whole barrel of fun listening to that guy.hope you dont mind,but i said to jonnyd about sending you a copy of my cd to review for me too.just hope you dont find it as big a waste of time as the wolfmaster
Why the hell not? Look me up I'd love to listen to it. Jonny D send some demo stuff he'd done & I listened to it. I will give you my honest opinion.