Maudlin of the Well dissing Opeth

The only childish thing here is Maudlin taking a crack at Opeth for no apparent reason. I've never heard of Opeth making fun of Maudlin, and I know for a fact that many other bands write music in the "cut and paste" fashion. Actually, I wouldnt be suprised if Maudlin did the same as well.

KielbasaSausage said:
The only childish thing here is Maudlin taking a crack at Opeth for no apparent reason. I've never heard of Opeth making fun of Maudlin, and I know for a fact that many other bands write music in the "cut and paste" fashion. Actually, I wouldnt be suprised if Maudlin did the same as well.

I completely agree.

was this the same band that played a few slots ahead of opeth at milwaukee metalfest? with the flutes and stuff? i thought they were pretty bad; music sounded terrible, and they didn't really fit in. i haven't heard anything on record though, so maybe i shouldn't comment. but like kielbasa said, why the crack at opeth for no reason?

that comment makes me laugh....

opeth> motw by an eternal margin.

this still doesnt mean there may be some point to his comment. but as always if you cant do anything nearly as good then please STFU

Toby just says whats on his mind. Its really not such a big deal. He, like so many other people Ive come across take cracks at opeth to offend the ultra fanboys more than the band itself. So, he doesnt like Opeth, whats the big deal? He has made his point clear on the motw board a few times on why exactly he dislikes opeth, thats his opinion, and thats fine. You people are blowing this way out of proportion.

COOOOOOOL!!!!!! Let's start a West Coast vs. East Coast War between Opeth and MotW!!!

Choose your side!...God, you guys are idiots...Maybe MotW just wants attention(deprived as a child)..you know? kick up some dust and get a new fan base...Cause you know we're all going to d/l one Motw tracks and say...ohhhhh god this is:...

Mauldin of the Well are a good band, but as far as songwriting goes they're nowhere near where Opeth are. If anything, Maudlin are the band that pastes riffs and passages together. Opeth's always seem to blend better. Oh well, let him be jealous.

one question arises, though:

does opeth use black or purple paste on the final composition(s)?

tara_bikewash.jpg

Also, if you're basing the validity of my statement on some music I have made, I would love to hear the music you guys make- music which would prove that your opinion is much more correct than mine.

FuSoYa said:
Also, if you're basing the validity of my statement on some music I have made, I would love to hear the music you guys make- music which would prove that your opinion is much more correct than mine.

You must have been thrilled with the reaction of all the fanboys. :loco:

FuSoYa said:
The only reason the validity of your opinion was based on your music is because you compared yourself to Opeth. No one here said that they themselves were better then you or your band, just that Opeth is, so our own musical output doesn't enter into it.

Once again i'd like to say i haven't heard any motW, i just think its generally uncool to insult other bands when they apparently have done nothing to you.(if i'm wrong please let me know)