Maudlin of the Well dissing Opeth

maudlin of the Well utterly shits on Opeth in every single way imaginable. Morningrise may be a great album, but maudlin of the Well's Bath and Leaving Your Body Map is better in every single way. Lyrically, vocally, musically, thematically, song structure-wise, the list goes on and on...

The Neurotomania guy is just a choad, an utter fanboy who is quite obviously spouting bullshit. He should be ignored.

FuSoYa said:
Yeah, um didn't David win that fight?

Opeth fan: YES I UH MEAN THAT MOTW IS GOLIATH

yes but dont believe everything you read in the bible :p

You want what is not yours, Jealousy
You want what you cannot have, Jealousy
Spiteful harsh words, it comes as no real surprise.
Tell me what you are.

LuminousAether said:
maudlin of the Well utterly shits on Opeth in every single way imaginable. Morningrise may be a great album, but maudlin of the Well's Bath and Leaving Your Body Map is better in every single way. Lyrically, vocally, musically, thematically, song structure-wise, the list goes on and on...

The Neurotomania guy is just a choad, an utter fanboy who is quite obviously spouting bullshit. He should be ignored.

are you a band member? or just a MOTW fanboy?

>>You want what is not yours, Jealousy
You want what you cannot have, Jealousy
Spiteful harsh words, it comes as no real surprise.
Tell me what you are.<<

You should really take a few more english classes... this poem comes off like a bad set of Otep lyrics.

Look, Scourge of Concrete totally shits on EITHER band. As does Quarry Mantis. Fucking hell, Scourge of Concrete fucking OWN Maudlin of the Well.

Quarry Mantis >>>>>>> Opeth.

Fools.

LuminousAether said:

How are we to be sure you aren't a fanboy? Take your opinion for it?

Well i tried yet again to download some motW, and found nothing..so is still have no opinion concerning the music itself. But as far as i can tell this thread is going nowhere, and it has been on the same path since the beginning...can't we all just get along? :erk:

@ Fusoya: I suppose you are right about getting your views out to the fans, if you feel a certain way about a band then that's how it is. It just seemed like you were taking a stab at the band for something that i don't see as one of their faults...

...it's been said before, we all have our opinions and no one is swaying anyone in here, so please, everyone go focus your energy on something more productive, like music..

Neurotomania said:
you sir are a dick.

we put some maudlin of the well on. a roomful of people fell about laughing, uttering "what is this shit?" and then "turn it off", and that was about as far as the conversation went. For fairness sake I forced myself to listen to about 20 minutes of your meaningless, ambling, piss-poor pseudo-intellectual bollocks, bored myself half to fuck (when I wasn't laughing at the hideous production, terrible songwriting and laughable musicianship) and promptly deleted the files from my hard drive, pleased in the knowledge that I will never, ever, have to listen to maudlin of the well again. ever.
Now I don't really consider myself a fanboy - I'll be the first to say when a much-loved band releases a pile of wank (arch enemys latest, for instance) but for anyone connected with such an utterly terrible waste of effort such as maudlin of the well to come onto this forum and bitch like a 12 year old girl, because the obligatory fanboys got pissed off (as always happens) must take a lot of anti-balls.

At the end of the day, you're in maudlin of the well.

I think you've suffered enough. :wave:

Amen.

LuminousAether said:

And what makes your opinion so much more worthwhile, that you shouldn't be ignored? What the fact that you listen to 'good music', please don't make me laugh. You're almost as bad as the motw faggot that tried a piss-poor effort of defending his statement, then resulted in openly insulting the majority of Opeth fans.

hehehehehehehe..

yes...

this is indeed an embarassing thread...

who fucking cares.. so motW thinks that Opeth sound random, structure wise, who gives a shite?

motW are yummy and so are Opeth...

IMO!

let's all put IMO after everything we say, k?