Maxon mod schematics

Atheist

Who'r u calling a Junior?
Nov 11, 2003
Belgrade
Visit site
I've bought a maxon od-9 and I want to mod it to get an od808 from it too. Does anyone have schematics for that job? I have a friend who can do it for me, but I need schematics.
I read somewhere that those two are different in just few resistors.

Sorry for my engrish. :) I can't write a deacent sentence today.

http://geofex.com/

section at top left: "technology of the..." (can't link it)

then....obviously the tube screamer page

more info you'd ever want to know

That's it:

Simple... just locate the 470 ohm and 100k resistors on the output buffer transistor, tracing back from the output jack, and replace them with a 100 ohm and a 10K. Bang, instant 808.

many thanx

Are the OD-9 and OD-808 based on the same chips? By the way I did 2 montellums mods and love them well worth the $25 a piece.

They are both 4558-based. Honestly, I'd at least try socketing the chip and trying different units in there - the 4558 was cheap and available, sticking with it blindly because it's a 'classic' despite the better options available is like only going for 99 cent blowjobs because you couldn't afford anything better the first time around.

Oh, and if you're curious about this stuff feel free to PM me - this is another one of those little hobbies that I just haven't gotten rid of yet. That goes for anyone, provided I'm not going to see new things popping up on eBay for $100 a piece.

Jeff