May be looking for another Recto... Recto Reborn?

53Crëw

Jan 31, 2007
Hey Lads - I don't hear much in the way of comments on the newest (2010 and newer) multi-watt Dual Rectifiers...

What is the verdict on these things? Is it worth paying more for one of these over the older 3 channel or 2 channel heads?

Cheers.

Yes!

The new multi-watt Rectos are amazing amps, and I've used just about every type of Recto out there. The heavy tones are among the best I've heard from a Recto (they blow away the previous 3-channel and are on a level with the 2 channel and rack versions) but the real treat is the clean/crunch tones, which are by far the best of any of the Recto amps, and among the best of any 3-channel head I've used. Every channel and voicing is usable, which makes them easily the most versatile Recto Mesa has made so far.

This sounds like a damn magazine review, but it's the truth. They're easy enough to find so definitely go try one out.

Pretty much what Marcus said. If you have a real hard on for a specific Rev. letter then by all means go for it but the new ones are all around better amps than the 3 channels they replaced.

I really wasn't that impressed with the one I tried. More versatile than the 2 channels I've owned, sure, and definitely a big step up than the previous 3 channels, but the gain channel didn't even come close to the blackface Rev G I had.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I understand the newest version is a bit brighter/clearer, but I'm hoping not in a brittle/harsh way.

I'll have to find a local store with one to try...