MAYH Dedicated to Lee_B? can someone give me info?

Manbient

Queer Old Man
Jan 12, 2002
Calgary, AB, Canada
www.bumblelovesmusic.com
well... title says it all. I've heard this before a couple of times and was never sure exactly why or if it was even really true and i want to know more... so Lee or Mikael, if you read this, please do tell, and anyone else who knows too. thanks.

Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow
just look in the inside of the MAYH booklet dude, it says "This album is dedicated to Mr. Lee Barett, so it obviously true...but I dunno why exactly they did.

I would do that but the book is at my Calgary home along with all my other CD cases.

And so it was Lee_B who started it for them? ok starting to make sense now... but is the storyline in anyway related? doesn't seem like it to me so prolly not...

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
but is the storyline in anyway related? doesn't seem like it to me so prolly not...

The storyline to the album? If so, no. I think Mike said that he ripped off that story (most of the lyrics) from another band/album.

hey, are you opethfans or not?

you know, lee barrett is the man who listened to the rehearsal tape made by opeth, and wanted them to sign for his laber, candlelight.

then, things changed, and lee left candlelight. so opeth had no more friends around them, who could support their third album, MAYH. in fact they did a tour for morningrise in 1996, but just a couple of dates for MAYH (not sure anyway) and a pair of interviews, no more!

so they left candlelight [3 albums were on the contract], and searched for a new band. but lee is a good friend of opeth still today.

this is the true story. i think they decided to make this dedication when they knew barrett would leave candlelight soon.

Originally posted by opethpainter
hey, are you opethfans or not?

you know, lee barrett is the man who listened to the rehearsal tape made by opeth, and wanted them to sign for his laber, candlelight.

then, things changed, and lee left candlelight. so opeth had no more friends around them, who could support their third album, MAYH. in fact they did a tour for morningrise in 1996, but just a couple of dates for MAYH (not sure anyway) and a pair of interviews, no more!

so they left candlelight [3 albums were on the contract], and searched for a new band. but lee is a good friend of opeth still today.

this is the true story. i think they decided to make this dedication when they knew barrett would leave candlelight soon.

Yeah, this is pretty much correct.

The band had recorded the album and between that time and the release of the album I had left the company I started, Candlelight. I had no idea about the dedication until I saw the actual CD so it was a nice suprise.

I knew there was.. some person fitting that history, but I didn't know it was you. What made you leave, anyway?