MAYH promo?

I've got a Still Life, Damnation, and BWP promo and all have "For promotional use only. Not for resale" written on the CD itself as well as the case. I just got a MAYH promo on eBay but the CD itself looks exactly the same as the regular version. Anybody else out there have a MAYH promo??

is it in a standard jewel case? Becuase I had a My Dying Bride - Voice of ther wretched promo cd which I got for real cheap in a cardboard single slip case... I found it weird, the cd was perfect

PatBateman said:
proms are usually packed in slimcases...
like my SL and BWP.

So your one is a fake, i think !

I dunno aye, I've seen a few promos in slim jewel cases, but I've come across quite a few in cardboard sleeves which I'm pretty sure are real.

I've never seen an Opeth one though...

nightsilent: no worries. your mayh promo is authentic. I had the same thing - original CD and booklet in a soft plastic case.

By the way, I see that you are missing the 7" test press in your collection. Would you be interested?

cyanopsis said:
nightsilent: no worries. your mayh promo is authentic. I had the same thing - original CD and booklet in a soft plastic case.

By the way, I see that you are missing the 7" test press in your collection. Would you be interested?
hmm.. my cd was original but there was no booklet and it was in a cardboard sleeve instead of plastic. It had all this info about the band on the back.. in fact.. HERE it is.

And also, how much would you be willing to sell that test press for??

ok, I see. This is a promo of the re-issues. Mine was of the real european originals (lacking the bonus)

I'll contact you in private regarding the test press.

i've got the still life and deliverance promos. deliverance differs because the 6th track is "untitled" and not "by the pain ....".

a friend of mine received the MAYH promo in a music store: it was cd+booklet equal to the original pieces. there was no case, that's the only difference.

anyway yes, promos usually come in cardboard sleeves.

opethpainter: mine also came from a music store (when ordering from them, they tend to put an ass load of promos, stickers and stuff into the package - can you believe that!?!) This was back in 1998 or something, and didn't come with a cardboard sleeve, but a soft plastic one.

Label's send out free copies of a new release CD to various places... radio stations, record stores, zines, etc. for exposure, because if you get a free CD in the mail, you're somewhat obliged to at least tell a few people about it.

ok i understand why... that's the USA promo licensed by CENTURY BLACK. no cardboard for the european candlelight issue i think...