Mayhem 2013

Already saw Machine Head play the main stage in 2011 so what is the point of them downgrading to the 2nd stage?
Well Anthrax said last year that would rather headline the Jager stage than open the main stage, which they did. So Machinehead is headlining it so I don't necessarily think it's a downgrade, I had a lot more fun watching the bands on the Jager stage last year amid all the chaos than I did sitting in my seat watching the main stage bands. I don't think I'll be going this year although I do love Machinehead.

Well Anthrax said last year that would rather headline the Jager stage than open the main stage, which they did. So Machinehead is headlining it so I don't necessarily think it's a downgrade, I had a lot more fun watching the bands on the Jager stage last year amid all the chaos than I did sitting in my seat watching the main stage bands. I don't think I'll be going this year although I do love Machinehead.

Aw come on! You know you want to go see Butcher Babies. :lol:

Who all did you see?

The weather was nice and cool, so I went earlier than I had originally planned. Got there in time to catch Machine Head, Amon Amarth, Mastodon, 5 Finger Death Punch, and of course Rob Zombie. Machine Head and Mastodon were pretty good and Rob Zombie was awesome! The other bands were ok, just not my thing overall.

The other bands were ok...

Glad you enjoyed your show. I will probably go see Zombie again. I probably did catch him on a bad hair day.

I skipped Mayhem this year entirely but was happy to buy Black Sabbath tickets instead. Wish Ward was there too but whatever. These guys are ancient and dieing right in-front of our eyes. This is probably my last opportunity to see them so I will try my best to enjoy it.

Glad you enjoyed your show. I will probably go see Zombie again. I probably did catch him on a bad hair day.

I skipped Mayhem this year entirely but was happy to buy Black Sabbath tickets instead. Wish Ward was there too but whatever. These guys are ancient and dieing right in-front of our eyes. This is probably my last opportunity to see them so I will try my best to enjoy it.

I'll be seeing Sabbath too. From the clips I've seen, Ozzy's voice is in terrible shape but I've never seen Sabbath. Got to take this (most likely) last chance.

The weather was nice and cool, so I went earlier than I had originally planned. Got there in time to catch Machine Head, Amon Amarth, Mastodon, 5 Finger Death Punch, and of course Rob Zombie. Machine Head and Mastodon were pretty good and Rob Zombie was awesome! The other bands were ok, just not my thing overall.

I saw all those also a few more like Huntress, Children of Bodom, Motionless in White, etc. cause I got there early. Battlecross is badass too. :loco: