Mayhem Festival vs. Ozzfest

Blackwater Demon

Using Cold Words
Mar 30, 2008
Under The Weaping Moon
Which do you think would be better? I think hands down the Mayhem fest would be because Ozzfest is horrible and has been horrible for years. What kind of metal festival is having rumors flying around about Stone Temple Pilots being at it? Im not really all for Slipknot but the other bands are pretty well worth seeing. What do you all think?

Same here, what's that Mayhem Fest? Never heard about it.
What I'd love to go is to the Ragnarök fest, it's awesome.

Well, I Googled Mayhem Fest and it linked me to some kind of bike festival thing. Pretty sure that's not it.

But yeah, I have to agree Ozzfest has become the poo. By far the best Festival around at the minute is Wacken Open Air.

At the Gates are playing everywhere. Including Bloodstock :lol:

Check out the Graspop line ups.

The awesomeness overwhelms the Carcass.
http://www.graspop.be/pages/index.php?f=bands&page=2

Yeah, who can say no to Ministry, Def Leppard, and Whitesnake?

Oh, wait, everyone....

On the other hand...Morbid Angel, Testament, Nile, Obituary, Symphony X, and Behemoth sounds good.
But overall, I think Wacken is probably superior.

How's this? The New England Hardcore And Metal Festival. Featuring Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth, Keep Of Kalessin, Shadows Fall, Vital Remains, Hates Eternal, Municipal Waste, In Flames, Children Of Bodom, Megadeth, Tyr, Turisas, Eluveitie, Eisiferum, Braindrill, and about 20 other bands. It's in a small venue (under 1000), which means you can get right up in front. And it will be awesome.
Got my ticket!

Oh man, I cant wait for mayhem fest. With talent like disturbed, slipknot, dragonforce, five finger death punch, etc....whats not to love?

ughhh....the US sucks at having decent metal festivals

All of you guys are mentioning awesome bands but you forgot:

Metaltown - AMON AMARTH, Dark Tranquillity!!!!!

Wacken - ATG, Carcass, Iron Maiden, Kreator etc...

These were the two me and my mates decided to go to

It's because England is all small and America is all big.

Seriously though, burn. They're playing 2 gigs in New Jersey, but 1 in England?