mayhem on metal:a headbangers journey....

zim18

Feb 11, 2006
the guy who interviewed them stated that mayhem's original vocalist had killed himself with a shotgun to the head, and said the band made a necklace made out of pieces of his skull...can anyone back this up? because that is one of the most fucked up things ive ever heard....mayhem also seem to think their the best band in the world, what do you guys think of that?

Dead wasn't their original vocalist. Neither was Maniac. Messiah was, and he certainly didn't do that. Dead was their third (and seemingly most popular) vocalist. He's the one that killed himself.

Blinded By Blood said:
whoever thinks different can go fuck themselves!

"do you have anything to say to those people?"

"YEAH! FUCK YOU!"

interview and beer= best interview ever!!
~gR~

zim18 said:
the guy who interviewed them stated that mayhem's original vocalist had killed himself with a shotgun to the head, and said the band made a necklace made out of pieces of his skull...can anyone back this up? because that is one of the most fucked up things ive ever heard....mayhem also seem to think their the best band in the world, what do you guys think of that?

Dude, this is so old news. Euronymous boasted of having eaten some of Dead's brains as well. Yeah personally I feel Mayhem are one of the most overrated and overhyped bands in metal.

They were definitely good and innovative in their earlier days, and their non-musical history is very interesting indeed.

Thoth-Amon said:
Dude, this is so old news. Euronymous boasted of having eaten some of Dead's brains as well. Yeah personally I feel Mayhem are one of the most overrated and overhyped bands in metal.

...aside from the frankly peerlessly atmospheric De Mysteris Dom Sathanas you mean, surely ?

That pic of Fred Astaire is much more disturbing than any of your previous avatars Decadent. WHy is he smiling? What has he been up to?

He looks like a right evil bastard.

Thoth-Amon said:
well sorry im not as expererienced in metal as you are...have some mercy for the semi-newbs?

i thought eronymous was in burzum? wtf..lol someone fix my confusion?

Burzum = solo project, except Samoth from Emperor played bass on the Aske EP and there was a guest solo on the first album.

Varg was in Mayhem until he killed Euronymous.