mayhem on metal:a headbangers journey....

Necuratul said:
Actually, the last chapters are the most interesting bits, since the rest is utter drivel that everyone has already learned in Black Metal pre-school. And well...most of it is just fucking wrong. If you buy it, buy it for the pictures.

The latter parts of pretty pointless, imo.

A chapter on black metal as a manifestation of the Osgerei? WANK

A chapter on black metal and right wing ideology? WANK

An interview with Anton LaVey? WANK

The International "scene" ? WANK

Indeed, the latter chapters may be described as a bucketful of wank. The earlier chapters, while they may be innacurate, or built largely from interviews, which in itself is rather telling of the quality of the people involved.

...but yeah, nice pictures.

The latter is more interesting because it actually takes a couple of brain cells to come up with it. I don't even know why we're talking about this book though.

Well, I read Lords of Chaos before I even started listening to BM. I had only heard some Bathory and Rotting Christ when I read it. I think it's good for beginners.

Carcassian said:
It's OK, but twice as long as it needs to be, with some pretty pointless chapters, particularly toward the end. My advice? Steal it.

Yeah the political , folklore/myths, religious parts of the book were boring as hell but i managed to read the whole thing when i first got it.... i only liked the beginng of the book..the history of BM , Mayhem etc... after that it was pointless... which parts were inaccurate? i havent read it in long time... how come Varg played the bass parts and not Necrobutcher? .... though Varg played great IMO ....