MAYHEM

A good source is to get in contact with people who are into the scene since the early 90´s those people also got some nice old xeroxed mags (for the younger, no there wasn´t much internet at that time), with cool interviews.

Dodens Grav said:
Deathcrush, Live In Leipzig and DMDS are all you need. Attila is an awesome vocalist. He doesn't sound like everyfuckingbody else, which is just fucking annoying, and Maniac may have been the absolute worst singer in the history of the genre.

Don't make me hurt you lol .... Attila sucks big time and he is the reason DMDS turns me off... I heard Dead on Leipzig and he was 10 times better .... and so was/is Maniac....

Fredy_Brown said:
I didn´t say that. Look what has he written "for me and for a lot of people", he lets a space for another opinions.

You have no inclination/concept of what BM is. and yes the genre was born with Venom just the bands that came after them "perfected" BM or evolved it to it's current form... but to say Venom, Celtic Frost, Hellhammer and Bathory didn't invent the genre is very ignorant....

Fredy_Brown said:
But that doens´t mean they were the fist black metal band. Death metal has roots in thrash metal...would you call "heavier" thras bands death metal? I don´t think so.

Which bands did Mayhem cover back in the 80's? Darkthrone? Nah, I didn't think so.

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
You have no inclination/concept of what BM is. and yes the genre was born with Venom just the bands that came after them "perfected" BM or evolved it to it's current form... but to say Venom, Celtic Frost, Hellhammer and Bathory didn't invent the genre is very ignorant....
I said Bathory was 1st BM.
Black metal envolved from those bands, but those bands weren´t BM yet. I don´t challenge their impact on black metal, but it wasn´t black metal as we know it in nowadays (and knew in 80/90).

ProjectedBlack said:
Which bands did Mayhem cover back in the 80's? Darkthrone? Nah, I didn't think so.
People do covers of songs that they like. KoRn did cover of Pink Floyd´s "Another Brick In The Wall" does it mean that nu-metal has roots in Floyds?

Ex-cally-boo said:
... Wikipedia is reliable when the topic is NOT metal.

Hahha, I think I used Wikipedia as a source for my final paper last semester that was on how the Vikings were forced into Christianity and how Black Metal is trying to bring the old religion back into focus, etc.

My teacher loved the paper and had me send it in to try and get it published---- Though that was a semester ago and I haven't heard from them since...

Fredy_Brown said:
I said Bathory was 1st BM.
Black metal envolved from those bands, but those bands weren´t BM yet. I don´t challenge their impact on black metal, but it wasn´t black metal as we know it in nowadays (and knew in 80/90).

You're still wrong. Venom was the first Black Metal band. The bands after Venom evolved the genre. Yes, that word that you love to throw around. Back in 1982, Venom and Mercyful Fate were Black Metal. Ten years later, Darkthrone and Burzum were Black Metal. That doesn't mean Venom and Mercyful Fate ceased to be Black Metal though.

Yes, but, I'm right, and you're wrong. You should take that into consideration when rethinking your answer. This question is not a matter of opinion, but fact. Venom was, in fact, the first Black Metal band.

Yes, but, I'm right, and you're wrong. - yes, we have same opinions.
I don´t agree with that fact, cause black metal HAS NOT speed or heavy metal elements. The first black metal without that elements was Bathory, so Bathory is first black metal band for me.
End of story.

Wow, you're awfully stupid. Bathory has plenty of Speed, Heavy and Thrash influences. I guess they're not Black Metal now though. By the way, Darkthrone had a lot of the same elements, as did Mayhem and Burzum.

Inluence is not element.
If you can´t hear differences between Venom and Bathory it´s you problem, those diffences are differences between black metal and blackend speed metal.

Early Bathory, musically is PURELY BLACKENED SPEED METAL. If YOU can't recognize this, you're a fucking idiot. It sounds very much like Venom in many parts. And the way I used "influences" is the same way you used "elements." Don't get caught up on different words.

Chill out.
I am listening to Bathory´s Bathory right now....then switch to Venom´s Black Metal....try to do the same thing.
There is more than genre evolve, there is genre gap and that´s why I call Bathory black metal, that´s why I don´t call Venom black metal. And your opinion (that you call fact) is different, ok, I can´t live wtih that...and you can call me stupid fucking idiot. It was good discussion I think.
Have a nice day.

High On Maiden said:
It's so fucking boring when people argue about what black metal is.
Yes, I quit.

Okay, I just got around to listening to VadimVon's band, Wretch.

All That's Left of Me

The best of the three I've heard. Some nicely incorporated keys here, and the vocal work is not half bad.

At War with Heaven

Well, this certainly sounded uninspired to me... Worst song of the tree. Bored me.

Mating Remains

Seriously, drop the keys. They're nothing short of ATROCIOUS! Rest of the song is rather generic, I think.

Conclusion: First song was good, the second was bad, and the third had the potential to be decent, but was ruined by the synth. I think you would have held me mildly entertained at a concert, but since I demand a certain degree of innovativity from the bands I support, I don't think I would ever buy any of your stuff. When was this stuff written anyway?

Crimson Velvet said:
Okay, I just got around to listening to VadimVon's band, Wretch.

All That's Left of Me

The best of the three I've heard. Some nicely incorporated keys here, and the vocal work is not half bad.

At War with Heaven

Well, this certainly sounded uninspired to me... Worst song of the tree. Bored me.

Mating Remains

Seriously, drop the keys. They're nothing short of ATROCIOUS! Rest of the song is rather generic, I think.

Conclusion: First song was good, the second was bad, and the third had the potential to be decent, but was ruined by the synth. I think you would have held me mildly entertained at a concert, but since I demand a certain degree of innovativity from the bands I support, I don't think I would ever buy any of your stuff. When was this stuff written anyway?
Why don't you listen to the other three I've sent to you.
The first song was written entirely by me(and that's guitar synth on that one)
The other two were written mostly by my drummer at the time. These were done in 2001. He's also the one doing the keys on those, because he wrote those two on his keyboard, initially.
I believe that the songs you haven't listened to yet are mostly written by me.
Let's see what you think about those.
hmmmmm...ATROCIOUS? :lol:
(maybe you're still pissed at me for dissing your homeboys - hey, I never said they weren't legends:worship: , just that Euro sucked...)