Me playing Forest Of October... i guess should go here too

Originally posted by Moonlapse
Thornsie is the best guitarist! :). Anyone heard his shred pieces? :D

:D

Good work Bumbley, i love it how you learn stuff by ear, you can tell that from watching you play. I think when you learn stuff by ear, you just dont learn the notes themselves, you learn every nuance and every subtlety of each passing tone. Btw, I dont think COB is out of ur leage dude, u should be able to pull that stuff off, hehe. I wish I had a good enough webcam to capture myself playing, I cant get it to record sound, and like its all choppy hehe, facking p.o.s. I can play 3 solos of Predators Portrait, al though I dont like learning other people stuff, Soilwork is fun to play, such wonderfully composes leads. And If im up for it tomm, ill upload a cover of Credence that I did, ehh its kinda whack, no drums and all, and I cant sing and play Credence at the same time, its just to confusing, hehe. Good work. The IA you speak of, is that Eklundh from Freak Kitchen, he played in Soilwork?? Man I love freak Kitchen, Eklundh is one helluva player.

werent you supposed to be gone mr everyone-kiss-my-ass-because-im-a-fat-shredding-looser-with-no-self-steen-so-i-need-to-know-someone-gives-a-flying-fuck-about-me

*takes a huge breath and then leaves*

lol nonono Ig ot my life back on track, I did what I needed to be done, and now I randomly post here on my off days (saturdays and sundays) And Im not FAT!...haha and I missed you two Missy *hugs* :p

hehe thanx for the kind words thornie! and glad you got all your shit back in line. Also IA is Eklundh yeah... he didn't play in soilwork, just the one solo for them. If you've not heard it ya should it kicks ass :p and i TOTALLY agree about learning by ear... you get to know how the notes should sound, not just playing the notes and not having any character.

What is IA's full name? He actually did a solo on all 4 soilwork albums

SS - Wings of Domain
TCM - Machine Gun Majesty
APP - Needlefeast
NBC - No More Angels

Thorns : If you can, I'd love to see the APP solo's

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
MUAHAHAAHA!!!! took me most of the day to learn it well though hehehe... anyway, here it is. Also some other vids below it.

If i don't get that tab i'm gonna blow my left pinky off!
Great playing man...

Actually i was gonna record a cover of the intire song, but i gave up when i couldn't find a tab for the solo...:D

Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow
Bumbles, You and I are do for a good 'ol collaboration sometime hehe You and I, we'd rip some killer shit, Cacophony Style :p or just whatever..

dude that wold be AWESOME!! but the problem is it's kinda hard to write something... it would have to be more of a simple backing track type deal with alternating shred solos and some harmonized shit.

hey bumblefoot what kind of guitar are you using?

is it possible for you to send me a link to a site which has your guitar for sale?

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
i posted this in off topic but i guess not everyone goes there so here its it for you non-off topic type people.

MUAHAHAAHA!!!! took me most of the day to learn it well though hehehe... anyway, here it is. Also some other vids below it.

YOU NEED THE DIVX CODEC TO PLAY IT. GO HERE http://www.divx.com/divx/

GET IT.

and now the videos.

http://puppetmastah.tripod.ca/forestsolo.avi

Good job dude. I love Mike's solo at the end. The one you just did I usually like to goof around on (which of course means, I haven't learned to play it correctly!!!)

Nice work.

Just listened to it, excellent work Bumblefoot, good show old chap! A bit off here and there but overall a fine effort.

*pats Bumblefoot on the back*

haha whoa dead thread revival alert... :p

tabs... uh i dunno sorry dude i just did it by ear... and yeah i missed a few notes, the wrst being the one you slide up to.. the high one.. i was 1 fret too low for most of it hahah damn me! i was just too lazy to redo it for that part. Oh and the ending i fucked (the slow part HAHA)

Why can't I hear mine...? Regardless, I can see your fingers aflyin', and it looks -all- good. I've been playing for a year now, and I can't even imagine my fingers flying like that. I hope to be that good when I hit the five year mark. Hail. \m/