Meaning of Tonight's Decision?

DEFINITELY, ALMOST THE ENITRE ALBUM TALKS ABOUT MURDER, DEATH...ABOUT SUICIDE...SO...I THINK IS ABOUT...DECIDING WETHER OR NOT TO COMMIT SUICIDE...THATS HOW I GOT IT...

warrus said:
DEFINITELY, ALMOST THE ENITRE ALBUM TALKS ABOUT MURDER, DEATH...ABOUT SUICIDE...SO...I THINK IS ABOUT...DECIDING WETHER OR NOT TO COMMIT SUICIDE...THATS HOW I GOT IT...

:err: that is not at all what I got out of TD.....you can interperate it however you want....but I didnt get murder, death, or suicide out of it.......

Deliverance6 said:
:err: that is not at all what I got out of TD.....you can interperate it however you want....but I didnt get murder, death, or suicide out of it.......

What did you get out of it? I've never found a good explanation for this one.

alejandro said:

I agree it is not necessarely suicide or whatever...it might be that in the night you can spend more time brooding and ponder about your life and since you are not distracted by the everyday life and worries, you tend to take importat decisions in the night...so the decision is not so clear, and maybe it is not so important to know what decision has been taken, it´s just the feeling of trying to change your life to see if there is a possibility that "life will be good some day" . a decision taken into the night implies a relevant action, it could be negative but also a positive resolution..

It really could mean anything and many things at the time, but seeing a kind of ghostly man standing in the middle of a railway... and with a crow...
And the back cover, the light at the end of the railway...

In death, a song.

alejandro said:

quiet desperation......I listened to that CD literally for one year straight.....it was an incredibly desperate time in my life.....I was completely addicted to heroin......my heroin was 1 hour away so I had tons of time to listen to music on the way there......I wanted to change so bad....but I didnt know how.....I used to cry (yes....its true) on the way to get my dope listening to "strained" because I hated the shit I did to get the money(no...I never sold my ass) but it was just such a shitty life to live.....fucking everyone over....lying, cheating, stealing....

so to me in the end the alblum meant as a whole a kind of hope beyond hope.....desperation...FEAR....sadness....a feeling of punishment....feeling dead inside.....the futility of life....and yet could there be hope? It was the decision to go on trying....or to give up.....and I cant tell you how many times I gave up......but eventually I would "try to live this life again" and again hoping beyond hope that I could someday go "right into the bliss"....which is eventually what I did.....I mean imagine if you were a junkie and you were listening to STRAINED......"end....is sometimes a start for others" the end of dope would have been my start on life again...."end....I dont know the word beginning" how could I end the dope if I couldnt live life without it....I couldnt function without it.......I could not "see where I was going wrong" jusus that song fucked me up....

remember that to me it is one of the greatest beauties about Katatonia is that we get to decifer the meanings....and make them personal....what does this alblum mean to you? sorry about the lenght of this post....sometimes I just feel like writing....