Should I get "Tonight's Decision"?

Originally posted by SoundMaster
Hello Progmetalfan!

Yes, you MUST purchase "Tonights Decision" at all costs!!!

It is a fantastic record - perhaps just a notch below "LFDGD".
Although I prefer "Deal" overall, I feel that "Tonight's" actually features Kat's BEST EVER song, "BLack Session".

The production is, I feel, the band's best as well.

The song "Strained" could be a hit on radio, the chorus is so damned-catchy!!

And "Discouraged Ones" is right behind it! All clean vocals, depressing as hell & pure magic!

My fav Katatonia tunes:
Black Session
Passing Bird
Stalemate
Chrome
Sulfer
Last Resort
Strained

Cool!

I just ordered "Tonight's Decision"... which has lovely cover art!

I'm a bit hesistant with "Discouraged Ones", however... I heard "Deadhouse" on the Century Media Identity 5 compilation and thought it to be rather boring... however... I'll give it another listen... and perhaps it's a weak track on the album...

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
I'm a bit hesistant with "Discouraged Ones", however... I heard "Deadhouse" on the Century Media Identity 5 compilation and thought it to be rather boring... however... I'll give it another listen... and perhaps it's a weak track on the album...

Actually, it's usually considered that albums strongest track. Many fans worship that album, but frankly, while I love it for what it is, I consider it to be the weakast modern Katatonia album.

Maybe it's not for you. It does have a habit of growing though, so give it a chance.

Originally posted by requiem

Actually, it's usually considered that albums strongest track. Many fans worship that album, but frankly, while I love it for what it is, I consider it to be the weakast modern Katatonia album.

I mostly agree with this.

"Discouraged Ones" is a very cool record, but clearly, IMO, the weakest of the "modern Katatonia".

At times, the songs beging to sound 'the same'. The songwriting just isn't up to par with the next two releases.

However, Progmetalfan, there are still some GREAT songs on it! My favs are "Stalemate" , "Gone" & "Last Resort". And there's a GODLY instrumental simply entitled "Instrumental"!!! ;)

Originally posted by phyre
IMO the strongest album of the "modern Katatonia" Also Jonas' vocals are much more fragile and insecure on DO. Not a bad thing.

You are right Phyre.
Therefore and for many other reasons too DO is the most honest record i've ever heard in my whole life.

YES. For me it was a bit weird, after I got into one album, I liked the rest of them almost the minute I heard the songs.

YES. Get it!

Originally posted by phyre
And then get Discouraged Ones (if you can find it...), it also has clean vocals throughout (if that's a good thing to you) and is slightly better than both LFDGD and TD IMO.

If I can find it? is it rare or something? going out of print? because im buying it very soon. I'm getting worried!