Medieval music (rock based)

I suggest you all do what I did last week and put All WithinMyStAngerIsShite on IGNORE. If we all do it he'll eventually fuck off back to the Metallica and Papa Roach nu metal boards. And we could all be happy and drink mead with our medieval wenches! :lol:
Fuck St Anger, it's a disgrace. Tull rule!

Tull are great.

In Flames' albums The Jester Race and Whoracle have loads of folksy guitarwork within them.

Not to mention Zeppelin...

I'll cast another vote for Tull! I've been into them for a very long time. Heavy Horses, Stormwatch, Songs From The Wood, Broadsword and the Beast....ALL excellent! Not to mention Aqualung, Minstrel In The Gallery, A, and Thick As A Brick.

Allwithinmymonster, please stop chirping off about stuff you have no clue about. If you really need attention, cut off your own penis and put it in your mouth. You'll get plenty that way...

Gentleman of the Lake said:
His name's Metallica related. I think its pretty obvious why he hates Jethro Tull. :rolleyes:

Good point. Well, in truth, Tull should not have been considered Metal but instead Prog. But since Prog is not a catergory in the Grammy's, they compromised. That still does not mean he should bear a grudge and close himself off to other forms of music like that.

Geeze, I am starting to feel like Socrates with the cave story.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Tull are great.

In Flames' albums The Jester Race and Whoracle have loads of folksy guitarwork within them.

Not to mention Zeppelin...

Zeppelin? I don't remember any medieval style songs, except possibly the Battle of Evermore???

Abou said:
Good point. Well, in truth, Tull should not have been considered Metal but instead Prog. But since Prog is not a catergory in the Grammy's, they compromised.

Well, if I remember right, the category wasn't just "Heavy metal," it was "Hard rock/Heavy metal." And I think Jethro Tull qualify as hard rock.

That still does not mean he should bear a grudge and close himself off to other forms of music like that.

Its very true that he shouldn't, but its also very true that a great deal of Metallica fans DO hold a grudge towards Jethro Tull for that.

I just got back from my favourite record shop and I've got five Tull cd's - Warchild, Too Old To Rock N Roll, Aqualung, Minstrel In The Gallery and Songs From The Wood. All for only £25!! And the guy's a Tull fan so he said he'd let me have a copy of the new Maiden album today when it comes in!
:D

MightyDrynwhyl said:
i dont know if theyre a band or not, but i downloaded a song by something called Glass Hammer, and it kicks tolkien-folk ass! try and find them

Yeah, I've heard they were good. I could never find MP3s of them, though.