Medieval music (rock based)

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Jazz!!?? Hmmmm. Well, I hate jazz sorry. Didn't realise In The Court.. had jazz influences.

Ouch, bummer. Eh, that's okay, to each his own -- as long as one does not get dumb. Interesting to note though that a lot of bands out there, from Maiden to - and i hate to mention this - Metallica, use jazz influences in primarily their solos. You can here it in the Blues Scales and the in the chords everyonce in a while.

How about Dio? Especially the old Rainbow albums he did with them. Dio has always been a huge fan of medieval/fantasy themed music.
Plus Zeppelin does have a bunch as well. Zep III is chock full.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Jazz!!?? Hmmmm. Well, I hate jazz sorry. Didn't realise In The Court.. had jazz influences.

I don't listen to any jazz, but I think In the Court of the Crimson King is a real good album. I seriously need to get more of them...

Darth Kur said:
How about Dio? Especially the old Rainbow albums he did with them. Dio has always been a huge fan of medieval/fantasy themed music.

Lyrically, yeah, Dio used a lot of medieval themes, but I wouldn't say that his music by himself, with Rainbow, or even with Black Sabbath really has any medieval elements. ...Well, except maybe the Heaven and Hell outro, but that's it. :loco:

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Yeah I'd agree with Gentleman - Dio is quite medieval lyrically, but not musically. I'm looking more for the atmospheric flute playing and chanting kind of thing.

Oh wait! Duh! Falconer is pretty Medeivel!