Meeting up at Close Up festival

I will be there, and I am actually wearing the same shirt at the moment (Deströyer 666, first column, third row) as in one of the pics of my signature. If you see me come say hi.

So, what did you think about the gig? Personally I was left a bit disappointed, mostly because of the song choices and the sound engineering. "Criminals" and "Deadhouse" were cool, obviously, but the rest of the gig wasn't really worth the cash. I was hoping for an encore as well.

stefan86 said:
So, what did you think about the gig? Personally I was left a bit disappointed, mostly because of the song choices and the sound engineering. "Criminals" and "Deadhouse" were cool, obviously, but the rest of the gig wasn't really worth the cash. I was hoping for an encore as well.
So how looked the whole setlist?

don't remember the order and I might have forgot a song or two but here goes:

Leaders
Wealth
Deadhouse
Soil's song
Deliberation
In the white
Teargas
Tonight's music
Sweet nurse
Evidence
Criminals
Ghost of the sun

hmm... think that's about it. nothing from Tonight's decision nor anything older than deadhouse. But still, first time seeing them live after being a fan for 4 years it was a big moment for me :)

+ I happened to bump into blackheim at the merchandise-section and I just had to shake his hand, and of course I acted like a moron haha. But hey! It was fun.

thanx bro!

nice start , leaders & wealth is a good combination

didnt expect 4 songs from VE in a 12 songs setlist!

hmm come to think of it i'm unsure about evidence, haha. I might just have made that up. But im 80% sure they played it. god. :)

Leaders
Wealth
Deadhouse
Soil's song
Deliberation
In the white
Teargas
Tonight's music
Sweet nurse
Evidence
Criminals
Ghost of the sun

oh sweetness i love every single one of them!Specially Evidence I would love to see that song live!
But hey how was the gig? give us some sort of review !!
Stefan86 didnt like it that much.. so are there any people with a different opinion?

my opinion is way biased, since I've been wanting to see them live since 2002. So of course I think it was awesome.

Though the crowd was a bit lame, and the sound was so-so. But at least the sound at Katatonias gig was better than Cult of lunas sound, which was terrible... and another minus was no encore, and no murder. But I guess it was because it was a festival with a tight schedule.

I can't say I'm disappointed, because it's only the second time I've seen Kata live, and I was kinda paralized, when I saw them, and my friends told me I looked like a little kid who just took his christmas gift... So I can't be objective, hehe. Of course, I expected more songs from TGCD, but they sang my favorite ones :). And I didn't notice the sound was very raw or something. It was quite good, imo.

Cool gig once again!
I think the setlist was like this:

-Leaders
-Wealth
-Soil´s song
-Deadhouse
-Teargas
-Sweet Nurse
-Deliberation
-Ghost of the sun
-My twin
-Criminals
-Tonight´s music
-In the white
-Evidence

I actually expected a new setlist..while they instead played their "classics" of the last tour plus a couple of new songs.
Of course this was only a festival and they had only one hour..so hopefully on tour they will play some more song from TGCD but anyways this was their first concert of the year and the new songs need a little bit of more practice live...I´m sure they will get better and better touring. I´m not saying that it was bad however, but not one of the best concerts I have seen...at least I wasn´t blown away....
I don´t know why but this time I had some many expectations that they would play something unusual and so on..and maybe that was the reason why I was a little bit disappointed...
The crowd was annoying shouting all the time "Without God", "Endtime", "Murder" etc....
What can I say..as my first Katatonia gig of the year I cannot complain, but I prefer to see them on their tour as headliners in a more "intimate" atmosphere and look forward for the dates in Germany.
The radio station "band it" recorded the gig..but Anders wasn´t satisfied with that..he´s a perfectionist and he maybe won´t give the permission to send the show on "band it live"...it would be nice to listen to it again though...we will see..

However a part for Katatonia my highlights of the festival were Khoma and Opeth. It´s really a pity I couldn´t see all the Khoma gig because Katatonia was playing right after them in another venue...so I have to leave after half an hour...

It was really nice to meet again Otto and Hobo..no other Kata board fan showed up..so I ended up to meet the two I already knew, he he..

here are some kata pics I took: (note the white light when they were playing "in the white"
closeupfestival034.jpg

closeupfestival044.jpg

closeupfestival069.jpg

closeupfestival075.jpg

closeupfestival076.jpg

closeupfestival064.jpg

closeupfestival071.jpg

Discouraged_Tom said:
Hehe, Jonas reminds me a bit of Chuck Billy

Haha! I was thinking the same thing! Awesome pics.

About the setlist, I think the reason why they didn't have any surprise songs was because it was a festival and there are more people there then their own fans. So it's a way to aquire new fans with showing how the 2nd phase of Katatonia sounds, rather than the earlier Death/Doom.