Megadeth news! re; Re-issued albums..

Sydo

Apr 13, 2001
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=21016

MEGADETH Reissues To Feature Plenty Of Bonus Material - Apr. 3, 2004

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has posted the following message on the group's official web site:

"Droogies!

"Today I officially finished the last song of MEGADETH and am on to the MD.45 record.

"The news is that excluding 'Risk' which will only have two, every other record is going to have four bonus tracks. I enjoyed watching all of the ring pieces say that I was holding onto songs for later release for the money.

"Boy don't you look stoopid now. Yes, you do.

"There are Randy Burns mixes, Paul Lani mixes, 'RIP' demos with Chris Poland, with Marty Friedman, and just with me as guitarist before I started interviewing anyone. There are 'Countdown' and 'Youth' demos, 'Cryptic' demos, alternate mixes of 'Cryptic' and 'Risk' and then there are unreleased tracks. And I know none of you have these sucka's!

"One track that I know none of you have or have ever even heard was the track that MEGADETH did for the KISS – 'Kiss my Ass' record. Well, you will.

"I am honored to have performed for all of you, and I am very proud of what has been accomplished here in the last couple of months. I hope you know, this has never been done before where a person re-mixed his enitre catalogue for re-release in this short amount of time, AND it is not sounding like ca-ca!

"And let me close by saying that the MD.45 record is hella kewl! I was worried about not being able to do justice to the vocal parts that Lee did, but I just remembered that I sang some of them to him when we were in the studio anyways, and I got over it.

"I know Lee would rather I re-sang this record AND have our music get out to the masses, then it just remain in a vault somewhere, unheard of.

"BTW - The surprise that I said I was working on hasn't been mentioned in this or any post made by me yet.

"Now go get a tissue. You're dribblin'!

"MSGD!"

Looks like I'll have to buy So Far So Good, and Rust In Peace again. :(
I'd be interested in hearing Risk too, just to see if there's actually any real difference or whether Mustaine has just been lying again.

Keep what you got, wait a few months, then d/load them extra crap simple if you cant afford it...But me Im gonna get the re-isssues of the earlier albums, the mixs are alot better from what Ive heard

Im interested to hear RIP especially. I dont know what they can do to CTE to make it sound better though... If it sounds even heavier that would be good though :headbang:

Countdown fucking rules!!!
I always use it as a test Cd for installing sterios.

Insomnia used to be a polished turd, now it's all runny, green and stinky.

No it isnt, Insomnia is AWFUL, the chorus is ridiculous, its a travesty!

Unless you mean by great potential that it could potentially be great if you changed everything about it...