Megadeth - Rust In Peace Anniversary Tour

How well-attended was the show? Were both balconies open?

Well paul, we were in the 3rd balcony, had a great view from where we were
sitting at too! It wasn't as packed as the 1st & 2nd were! Great fucking show!
I still really wanted to hear them do Sweating Bullets & Sleepwalkers, but hey you can't have EVERYTHING you want @ a Megadeth show!! lol :lol:
All in all, it was one of the BEST Megadeth shows I've seen in quite awhile!!!
And the very last time I'd seen them was in 91 for The Clash Of The Titans w/ Marty!
Chris Broderick played those RIP notes & chords note for fucking note, just as close to Marty Friedman as possible!!! :headbang:
I've seen them 7 times now!!!
WHAT AN OUTSTANDING SHOW!!!:headbang::headbang::kickass:

It seems they are changing the non-RIP songs that they are playing. At the Indy show, the only Endgame song we got was Headcrusher and we only heard Trust off of Writings.

Interesting...

The show last night in Asheville was great, minus how packed it was. The show was sold out...good for the bands...but the crowd took away from the show a bit, due to no assigned seating.

Exodus was a great opener and performed just as well when I saw them open for Kreator last year. Rob Duke was blowing snot rockets on stage and I've never seen so much spitting in my life! :lol: They're not exactly American Idol material are they? :lol:

Testament was spot on, but I still missed seeing Alex Skolnick. Drover is a worthy replacement, but Alex needs to be where he belongs, in Testament! I have a hard time listening or watching a Testament without Alex. Instead of performing The Legacy in its entirety, I wish the band had opted for the The New Order instead for this tour. Into The Pit crushed the crowd, period! That song took everyone into a frenzy and sounded great! :headbang:

Megadeth, I couldn't have been anymore pleased with their performance. I have a new found respect for Chris Broderick and Dave better hold onto him for the rest of his career! He fits the band like a glove and has killer stage presence! He interacts with the crowd more than any other member. Chris is what a band is looking for in a metal guitarist, period! I wish that they had performed a track or two from Youthanasia, but that's a minor complaint. Overall, one of the best single concerts I've been to. :kickass:

~Brian~

The show schedule for Club 101 on sunday night has gotten moved to the Abraham Chavex Theater damnit, but i understand the reason. Club 101 although is a state of the art venue, with the most awesome sound and light system it only holds 1,800, whereas the AC theater holds 3,000, and The tickets were sold out weeks ago, so they moved it and released 1200 more tickets, which as of this morning are also soldout. I hope this proves to some of the national promoters, "Don't skip El Paso anymore" we will attend metal shows.

Club 101 sells out every metal show it gets, and most are on a tuesday, wednesday or sunday. So maybe just maybe we can get some of these shows that play Tucson one night and two nights later play either Dallas or San Antonio, by the way we are between those cities, and they have to travel thru here. Okay I am thru ranting.

The show schedule for Club 101 on sunday night has gotten moved to the Abraham Chavex Theater damnit, but i understand the reason. Club 101 although is a state of the art venue, with the most awesome sound and light system it only holds 1,800, whereas the AC theater holds 3,000, and The tickets were sold out weeks ago, so they moved it and released 1200 more tickets, which as of this morning are also soldout. I hope this proves to some of the national promoters, "Don't skip El Paso anymore" we will attend metal shows.

Club 101 sells out every metal show it gets, and most are on a tuesday, wednesday or sunday. So maybe just maybe we can get some of these shows that play Tucson one night and two nights later play either Dallas or San Antonio, by the way we are between those cities, and they have to travel thru here. Okay I am thru ranting.

I met an old college friend of mine on Monday at the Asheville show. He had to buy his ticket for $80 off of ebay in order to attend. The show was sold out within 3 days, so I'm pretty confident they've could've moved it to a bigger venue around here. I wish that the tour had hit the Tennessee Theater in Knoxville...my all time favorite concert venue. The mosh pit wouldn't have been welcome in that venue though. It's cool to see this tour doing so well. :kickass:

~Brian~

I met an old college friend of mine on Monday at the Asheville show. He had to buy his ticket for $80 off of ebay in order to attend. The show was sold out within 3 days, so I'm pretty confident they've could've moved it to a bigger venue around here. I wish that the tour had hit the Tennessee Theater in Knoxville...my all time favorite concert venue. The mosh pit wouldn't have been welcome in that venue though. It's cool to see this tour doing so well. :kickass:

~Brian~

GOD, that place is sooo amazing... I saw the Brian Setzer Orchestra there a few months ago. The best sounding concert I have EVER been to...