Mel Gibson

We all assume it's him, but I am saying it isn't proof, since voices can easily be faked. (But it is probably him).

Either way, he was obviously set up, and his biggest "crime" in this whole thing was having anything to do with that gold diggin' ho in the first place.

Most hiphop/rap is way more "misogynist" and racist than what he said to her, no one is complaining about that though.

We all assume it's him, but I am saying it isn't proof, since voices can easily be faked. (But it is probably him).

Either way, he was obviously set up, and his biggest "crime" in this whole thing was having anything to do with that gold diggin' ho in the first place.

Most hiphop/rap is way more "misogynist" and racist than what he said to her, no one is complaining about that though.

His biggest crime would be the racial slurs and punching his girlfriend in the face, breaking two of her teeth while she was holding her baby. Even if she only got with him for the money, it doesn't excuse his behaviour.

He's a racist, woman-beating scumbag.

His biggest crime would be the racial slurs and punching his girlfriend in the face, breaking two of her teeth while she was holding her baby. Even if she only got with him for the money, it doesn't excuse his behaviour.

He's a racist, woman-beating scumbag.

And so far you are a 2 post troll.

No one is suggesting he isn't racist, no one is suggesting that he hasn't hit Oksana, and that he doesn't have a laundry list of personal issues. My point is why does Mel Gibson get "crucified" over it, and no one else does? It's the typical Hollywood/media double standard.

Like OJ getting acquitted of murder, but getting put in jail for trying to steal back supposed stolen sports memorabilia. It takes an insane or idiotic person to just take this all at face value.

If racial slurs bother you, you might want to stay off this board, since "my pals" gets used rather regularly, albeit in a joking fashion........I think.

I'm all for giving people a break, but beating your wife and using about every racial slur in the book is pretty bad. The reason people are crucifying him is because it's entertaining and we already have a history of this. Dakryn, you're probably right that it's a double standard but I still don't have sympathy for someone who is so blatantly racist, violent, and misogynistic.

But you listen to rap and slam :p

I doubt anyone would take their worst day, or what they say to their worst enemy and use that as a blanket example of character. But that is what is being done here.

And so far you are a 2 post troll.

No one is suggesting he isn't racist, no one is suggesting that he hasn't hit Oksana, and that he doesn't have a laundry list of personal issues. My point is why does Mel Gibson get "crucified" over it, and no one else does? It's the typical Hollywood/media double standard.

Like OJ getting acquitted of murder, but getting put in jail for trying to steal back supposed stolen sports memorabilia. It takes an insane or idiotic person to just take this all at face value.

If racial slurs bother you, you might want to stay off this board, since "my pals" gets used rather regularly, albeit in a joking fashion........I think.

Yep I'm a 2 post troll ... I've actually been lurking for a while (there was this poster named Dave and the crying virgin thread when I found out about this forum) but your thread convinced me to stop lurking.

The reason why everyone is crucifying Mel Gibson is that he's a celebrity and has an history of saying dumb shit, like his comments about Jews years ago.

There's plenty of conspiracy stuff out there to back up zionist instigation in the world wars/ war on terror. Blaming the Jews (Jews =/= Zionists) is misinformed rhetoric but is not really that far out.

His merely being a celebrity doesn't cut it. As I said, plenty of other celebrities do/say worse.

I am sure it has nothing to do though with Passion movie/ his comments about Jews, in a such a Zionist controlled industry.

LA Times: Jews Control Hollywood

Written by a Jew, no less.

This whole situation was blown totally out of proportion. The recording that's circulating is just Mel's own rendition of Eminem's "Kim." It's actually a work of art.

But you listen to rap and slam :p.
I knew you would bring this up, but I'm sure you as a fellow metalhead realize that this is a silly point to make (I assume the smiley was an acknowledgment of that).

And I'm not saying that Gibson in particular deserves to be so vilified, I just have a hard time feeling sympathetic towards him.

That's not funny, but it kind of makes me erect. I need to read the book.

The writing style of the author and ridiculousness of Patrick Bateman are what make parts of the book funny to me, in a subtle, sarcastic, dry way.

Great writing, as it made the whole sequence of events seem matter of fact. Now that it's a new day I sort of think it's funny too, but never "Hassan's Rumpus Room."

Also Dakryn it's not racist in the same way when black people call other black people "my pals" and I'd have thought you would be smarter than to try and pull that shit.