Memories

OMG Tee smiled! ;)
and laughed?! :)
25289696_10213417281240085_7073009250543986598_n.jpg

Jeez early summer of 89 so I would have been 16 going on 17. Tripping balls in the middle of the night floating around in my boat with some friends, it was gorgeous out. Someone came up with refuge denied, the other tape we had was doomsday for the deceiver. We didn't back to the dock until 10 in the morning, managed a hours or two of sleep got up skied the day away and did it all over again. 28 years...I can still reach out and touch floating in the river on my back watching the stars all swirly and Warrel wailing away off in the distance.

Reading everyone's story has been therapeutic. Will and Kevin's story about meeting Warrel and getting to know him... man how fortunate are you guys. He meant a lot to everyone, even to people who never got to meet him or had the chance to see Nevermore live. I felt like I knew him, and through these stories it makes me feel happy knowing he really was an awesome guy. RIP

Reactions: Will Bozarth
Lynn! Will !!
Man, my soundman/pall last night was repeating to me the stories of him touring with Nevermore and W.D around the US and Brazil.
Some of the funniest sick road tales ever!!!!
I'm fucking heart broken that the story ended for us.... The Day The Music Died
And mostly for his close friends and family.

"I played the jester perfectly"

Last edited:
Got into Nevermore around the time Dead Heart came out. I remember seeing them open for In Flames at one time and again for Type O Negative (both shows in Seattle). A buddy of mine who helped introduce me to Nevermore met Warrel at the bar before the In Flames show and told me how awesome and down to earth he was. That same friend ended up passing away 4-5 years ago. Hearing about Warrel's passing the other day was shocking and also brought back memories of my friend's passing. It was hard enough losing Chris Cornell this year but losing Warrel as well is just a gut punch. Thanks for all the great music Warrel and thanks for being so kind to your fans, more artists should take notice.

Reactions: Will Bozarth
some of y'all make me feel old. lol. The first time I discovered Warrel was when I went to see Megadeth, Warlock, and Sanctuary, probably 1987 or 88. Never heard of Sanctuary before that, but was totally blown away by them. I was saddened when the band broke up. I remember reading that Warrel had a new band going, but didn't find until Politics was released. I was even more blown away by the sound of Nevermore. I was hoping they would get back together for another album.

Chicago Powerfest 2007. Robert Lowe was hanging out in our hotel room, and I saw Warrel log on to AIM. I immediately took advantage of the opportunity and started the voice chat, getting him and Lowe to talk. They mentioned it would be cool to do a project together, but sadly that never happened.

Reactions: Lunar Still
I had a tough upbringing that eventually culminated in finding IRC and the #Nevermore room in 2003 and actually finding my place with some fantastic people on the Neverboard. I spent so much time on here starting in 2004, got to meet up with a bunch of you in San Francisco (which is an awesome highlight of my life) and again in Seattle on a couple of occasions. Made some big asshole mistakes to some great people here and slowly phased myself out of the board from shame and regret.

Got to see Nevermore in Seattle just as This Godless Endeavor came out. Front & center with some other boarders, before Warrel and Nevermore were on stage, he's standing on the side and scanning the crowd. Spots me, points and just yells my name. Got to hang out with him and shoot the shit about music we were listening to at the time on another trip to Seattle. Messaged back and forth once in a while about stuff too.

What a great guy he was. All over the board, making sure we all felt at home and in place. I'll never forget the community that included me for some tough years and I'm glad that even though it's been 10+ years, we can all come together when it matters and show our respect for the person who started it all for us and made sure we felt at home. That goes for this community too. Thank you.

I vividly remember seeing Nevermore for the first time in 2001. DHIADW tour with Curran Murphy on board. I was sick to my stomach with excitement and anxiety as I waited for them to come on, as their music had basically taken over my life, but with limited internetting at the time, I didn't know what to expect from seeing them in person. Eating Taco Bell on the way to the show probably didn't help. Anyhow, that show was a defining moment in my life, and I left even more excited to follow the band. I could never have imagined how Nevermore would continue to change and shape my life. And I really, really, really, wanted the gray DHIADW hoodie they had for sale at the merch table, but could only afford a shirt (River Dragon girlie shirt, which I still have!). That hoodie was magnificent and I've never seen it again.

To those I shut out for so long, I'm sorry. Sometimes you don't know exactly what to do in hard situations and don't do the right thing. I've lived with some hefty regrets for a long, long time.

Now playing:

IIIIII
WILL REMEMBER
THE WORRRDS OF
THIS OLD MAN
UNTIL MY DYING DAY!

✊:kickass:
Now playing:
THE PAAAIN IS BOOORN FROM MEMOORY
OF PLEEEAASURES
UNPARALLELED AND PUUUUURE
IN VELVET SLEEP I LIVE THE PAST AGAIN

Damn my respect for this guy just went up. I've seen a bunch of his goofy videos, like singing Adele's "Hello" in 20 vocal styles or Taylor Swift in Dave Draiman's voice. But this is an excellent tribute, and his personal story is remarkable.

And this will always be my favorite Nevermore performance, from Wacken 2006. Everyone was on and performing at peak. Plus I love that "I WANT CHAOS!" line.

Last edited: