Memories

Hi guys,
I'm still in shock... Can't believe he's gone. :(

Here is our last photo from last year
1215wd5.jpg

(as I remember my previous nickname was Faffy)

When EoR was released, Century Media had a contest where you could win a signed poster of EoR. I won one of them, but since it took a long time before I received it, I sent them an email complaining that I never received my precious prize, and they sent me second one. Both arrived in a few days after one another, I a gave one of these to a buddy of mine. Signatures have almost entirely fade away and are now barely visible, but I still keep it like a treasure enclosed in a box with a signed ticket from the TOC tour (one of the only 2 times I saw Nevermore, because France sucks in that aspect).

Anyhow, I can't believe it's been almost 15 years ago. I'm not sure I realized he's gone forever. Every time I come here, I feel like "hey, maybe Warrel has posted some updates regarding his solo stuff or some link to early previews of the next Sanctuary, or hint at a possible Nevermore reunion".

EoR.jpg

When EoR was released, Century Media had a contest where you could win a signed poster of EoR. I won one of them, but since it took a long time before I received it, I sent them an email complaining that I never received my precious prize, and they sent me second one. Both arrived in a few days after one another, I a gave one of these to a buddy of mine. Signatures have almost entirely fade away and are now barely visible, but I still keep it like a treasure enclosed in a box with a signed ticket from the TOC tour (one of the only 2 times I saw Nevermore, because France sucks in that aspect).

Anyhow, I can't believe it's been almost 15 years ago. I'm not sure I realized he's gone forever. Every time I come here, I feel like "hey, maybe Warrel has posted some updates regarding his solo stuff or some link to early previews of the next Sanctuary, or hint at a possible Nevermore reunion".

View attachment 13301

That's pretty awesome!

I have all of the old Sanctuary vinyl signed by the whole band (minus Blosl), and the new one signed by everybody but Jim.

Believe in Nothing single signed by everyone

Axtra Custom Stylus used by Jeff to record DNB signed by him

7String BC Rich Warlock used by Steve Smyth in the I, Voyager video signed by him

Sea of Possibilities lyric sheet signed by Warrel

I felt weird asking WD for autographs at a certain point. I wish I got my Nevermore albums signed, but alas...

Reactions: Lunar Still
Why did you feel weird asking for autographs? Was it because you had become so close that it would be like asking your friend for one, or did you have a falling out?

Becoming friends with him kinda took away the "I need autographs" aspect. I still got some, but it felt weird. Out of the 14 times I saw him perform, I only asked at 3 or 4.

Again, there's now a regret in not doing so, but my experiences are above and beyond autographs.

Reactions: Lunar Still
I agree. I had one thing signed by the guys minus Warrel. Bums me out that I've met everyone a bunch of times and never WD. Last time I saw Jeff on his solo tour he laughed and said dude how many times is this now?

Always been one to enjoy the moment more than getting signatures and photos.

Ha... TOC tour stop in Detroit,I may or may not (lies) still have a crush on Dagna ;) " Oh you must be Lynn!" He booms out with some other eufemisms ...I tried to slink away to no avail. Proberly the most awkward moment I've had since pre teen years, we had tea at the bar later. I'm such a dork.

Last edited: